Sunday report charolais calving season

Help Support CattleToday:

18 calves this past week, 11 females in the last 13 calves, not what we want but everyone is alive and well. 3 more backwards, I don't know why we have more this year, maybe because they were created in 2020... Gestation lenght is at 280 days, normally charolais is at 286 and here the norm was 283 days in the past years. Only 4 calves are not from A.I.

Nice calves. You ever take bulls West @Dubcharo?
We have a bull doing well at Future Farms call Dubuc Zenith. We sell private treaty and the best ones are often reserved early. There's a lot of good breeders in the west, we focus on serving our customers here. We sell 20-25 bulls each years. I should say too that my 2 oldest brothers don't speak English, mine is ok but I don't practice very often!

Last edited:
Story of the week twins...1 pair alive 1 pair dead, they arrived dead so nothing was possible to do. We put a twin on the mother so it's not a big deal. We are at 74 calves for 73 cows that's not bad. 38 males 36 females, Alot of males this week. -15°F outside last night, coldest days of the winter I hope.

E20DBF3C-2B69-48A6-9937-F714C76D777C.png

Last edited:
Stupid question, when you post.pictures of the calves many times its a bunch of calves in a pen without cows. Do you separate them or do you gave a gate fixed so only the calves can go in?

Stupid question, when you post.pictures of the calves many times its a bunch of calves in a pen without cows. Do you separate them or do you gave a gate fixed so only the calves can go in?
59925FB7-6DA6-4453-B1B2-C2E479FA925C.jpeg
Only the calves go in, they can go see their mother as they want. We have to show them 1-2 times and after most of them go there by themselves. The straw help attrack them. The rest of the cold barn is on wood chip or peat moss.

You
We have a bull doing well at Future Farms call Dubuc Zenith. We sell private treaty and the best ones are often reserved early. There's a lot of good breeders in the west, we focus on serving our customers here. We sell 20-25 bulls each years. I should say too that my 2 oldest brothers don't speak English, mine is ok but I don't practice very often!
Your English is much better than my hillbilly mountain English. LOL. Someone sure wasted time on my English classes in college.

Latest posts