Sun, Rain, Sun, Rain...

Help Support CattleToday:

JWBrahman

Reaction score
We get light showers daily mixed with full sunlight. A client from Albuquerque came here last week and got delirious walking around in the humidity.

JWBrahman":2desvrb5 said:
We get light showers daily mixed with full sunlight. A client from Albuquerque came here last week and got delirious walking around in the humidity.

SC kicked my tail this week, southern heat and humidity no joke when ur not used to it. Where u at jw?

We are about a half mile from the Mississippi River levee 30 minutes NW of Baton Rouge. The southern end of False River. Between my place and Cypressfarms there are still a lot of big cattle ranches.

JWBrahman":30x5yg0k said:
We get light showers daily mixed with full sunlight.
I remember those days JW. Every afternoon it seemed, the sky would open up around Lafayette and Neuva Iberia and down it would come for a bit, then sunny and be muggy as heck. Might get a break every couple of years, but most years, seems the sun pulled the moisture out of the swamp all morning and cloud up around 3 o'clock , but maybe it was just stuff coming in from the gulf every day. Made it rough tho, walking out of the house in the morning to go to work and be sweating before ya get to the truck. My wife absolutely hated it and we packed up and went back to the Concho in west Texas. Then, I moved us here, and it's not quite as bad as La--just hot and partly humid minus the afternoon showers. Every once in a while, she still runs that "Can't we just move back West?" thing by me--I may say yes before too many more years.

I don't blame your wife one bit, GB.

KF one thing I do like is you hardly see any people this time of the year. There are 3 of us on no ac tractors. Otherwise it looks like the planet is empty of people.

JWBrahman":27cfl0xo said:

KF one thing I do like is you hardly see any people this time of the year. There are 3 of us on no ac tractors. Otherwise it looks like the planet is empty of people.

JW, back here on Crockett Lane there are only 3 people, year around! :hat:

But one thing I never want to do without - a cab tractor with AC. I am in the camp that believes mowing promotes good forage. The heat, dust, pollen and seeds would kill me in an open cab.
Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

inyati13":bsjnn97q said:
JWBrahman":bsjnn97q said:

But one thing I never want to do without - a cab tractor with AC. I am in the camp that believes mowing promotes good forage. The heat, dust, pollen and seeds would kill me in an open cab.
Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

Is that really your street name or is that just cuz Davy Crockett is from Kentucky? Until I saw fences motto I had no clue Davy Crockett lived in Texas. Y'all go to he// and I'll go to Texas - Davy Crockett. :lol2: Y'all go to he// and I'll stay in Kentucky and make homemade moonshine and good ole Kentucky Burgoo!

NECowboy":xp3sez2f said:
inyati13":xp3sez2f said:
JWBrahman":xp3sez2f said:

Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

Is that really your street name or is that just cuz Davy Crockett is from Kentucky? Until I saw fences motto I had no clue Davy Crockett lived in Texas. Y'all go to he// and I'll go to Texas - Davy Crockett. :lol2: Y'all go to he// and I'll stay in Kentucky and make homemade moonshine and good ole Kentucky Burgoo!

My farm is 1 mile off US 62 on Crockett Lane.

inyati13":3qwyflg2 said:
NECowboy":3qwyflg2 said:
inyati13":3qwyflg2 said:

Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

My farm is 1 mile off US 62 on Crockett Lane.

Love the name! KY is a beautiful state, been in the eastern woods and hills (prestonsburg) and going through on 65 and mammoth caves. Beautiful grass (in central ky not in Appalachia).

inyati13":14uo7qsy said:
JWBrahman":14uo7qsy said:

Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

Interesting on the mowing I knda of agree but around here it seems to be split 50/50

inyati13":2ptpj9d5 said:
JWBrahman":2ptpj9d5 said:

Plus, Sky loves the cab.
2l8x7w6.jpg

Interesting on the mowing I knda of agree but around here it seems to be split 50/50

Latest posts