Summer pictures (Warning herefords)

Help Support CattleToday:

P.A.L

Reaction score
Last night i took some pictures and i'd like to share some of them with you. I took the pictures when it was almost midnight.

1 year old polled heifer:

Also 1 year old horned heifer:

One older cow behind a bush:

My Jack Russell terrier in a barley field:

Nice midnight sunshine:

Hope you liked,

P.A.L

Don't think I've ever seen a completely white Jack Russell terrier. The barley looks great!

jhambley":3axk6zqi said:
Knersie wants to add pigment to your Jack Russell. How do you rate his eye set? :D

JH

It's extremely important for a Jack Russell to have good eye set. I use my Russell to hunt predators(foxes etc.) underground. Eyes need to be just the right size and also eyelid needs to be easily cleaned. She is working type of Jack Russell. They are only bred for hunting, so phenotype is not a big issue. they are not "show barn" dogs ;-) ...

What is the breeding on both of them cows? They look good.

KNERSIE":vlrwdgti said:
Don't think I've ever seen a completely white Jack Russell terrier. The barley looks great!

I think your dog has got more attention than your cows. :D

I would like to see a different pic of your polled heifer. the shadows just do not do her justice.
Liked the other 2 also. Love that red color on them.
They look really thick and have good muscle on them.

Nice dog too.

Polled heifer is a doughter of Huth Prospector ko85, dams family goes to WTK cattle and square-d cattle. Horned is a doughter of GH rawhide 78k. Maternal lines goes to F big dom...something.. old lines from Canada I think, And THE Terrier is doughter of Sundance Silver Snowman :D

Is it really that light at night time?
The latest it gets dark here in middle of summer is about 8pm( Australia)

brandonm_13":2n0oae53 said:
I can hardly believe it's possible to take pictures like that at midnight. Good looking barley, and terrier.

That's the fun part of living in the north. The Sad thing is that in the middle of winter sun doesnt rise at all.

P.A.L":1kdxiks2 said:
Last night i took some pictures and i'd like to share some of them with you. I took the pictures when it was almost midnight.

1 year old polled heifer:

Also 1 year old horned heifer:

One older cow behind a bush:

My Jack Russell terrier in a barley field:

Nice midnight sunshine:

Hope you liked,

P.A.L

HYVIN!

jhambley":2gcr1q8h said:
Knersie wants to add pigment to your Jack Russell. How do you rate his eye set? :D

JH

i really did laugh out loud on that. thanks. : )

this is one of those things i dont know much about, but wouldnt you think that if there was that much light in the summer and no light in the winter, it would be extremely hot and cold? my understanding is that it doesnt get too hot there.

Aero":32pvkrqi said:
this is one of those things i dont know much about, but wouldnt you think that if there was that much light in the summer and no light in the winter, it would be extremely hot and cold? my understanding is that it doesnt get too hot there.

It hardly ever get too hot, but almost always too cold :lol:

Latest posts