Summer is here

Help Support CattleToday:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
We've been having some really nice weather lately so earlier this week I thought I'd snap a few pictures. Thought maybe someone would enjoy seeing them. :)
Yearling heifers running with our new yearling bull.

Yearling bull about a month into breeding season. He's running with 30 heifers.

Our 0118X bull

Nice bunch of animals there, they all look nice!..

Wish we'd get some summer here... drizzle, WIND etc... suddenly it clears up and it's too hot and muggy to do anything, then back to this crap... Haying is going slow!

Super looking cattle!! Its good to see the wet valley is living up to its reputation. The 0118X bull looks awesome. Is this his pedigree? HH ADVANCE 0118X: http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5E5B505B
I was looking over his epds's and see he is listed as a trait leader for milk, but no weaning weights have been reported for his daughters. How does a bull become a trait leader for milk without having had any daughters with nursing ratios? ADDED: GE-EPD's?

I am not a Hereford fan, but those cattle could sure turn me into one! Love the older bull.... great cattle period.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

Alexfarms Thanks. It is nice to have a good year for a change. Good question. GE EPD's would be my best guess as to why they have 0118X as a trait leader for milk. I don't have that much faith in the GE EPD's yet myself. I've seen them miss the target badly on birth weights.

Latest posts