Summer 2017 pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I posted any pictures of our herd. Seems like just a couple weeks ago summer started and now August is just about over! Don't know where the time goes but it sure goes quickly. Anyway here's some pictures from the last month or so.

IMG_1695sm.jpg

Red Angus pairs

IMG_1900sm.jpg

another group of Red Angus

IMG_2809sm.jpg

some Black Angus - with the bull surveying his domain from the top of the hill

IMG_3354sm.jpg

6 yr old black commercial cow with Char steer calf (he's actually a twin but we grafted his brother onto a cow that lost her calf).

IMG_3384sm.jpg

just a couple of commercial cows

IMG_3518sm.jpg

6 yr old Red Angus cow & calf

IMG_3457sm.jpg

another 6 yr old Red Angus cow

IMG_2858sm.jpg

tan heifer calf (Char sired x SimAngus cow)

IMG_3111sm.jpg

big grey steer calf

IMG_2861sm.jpg

same grey steer from the front

IMG_2956sm.jpg

RA heifer.

IMG_1703sm.jpg

A couple of my Speckle Park heifers.

I have a bunch more that I could share but I will stop there for now!

really nice lookin cattle. especially those red angus.. nice!

thanks for sharing the pics!

Thanks for all the comments! This summer doesn't seem like it's been as good for taking nice pictures, but I have managed to get a few decent ones.

Nesikep":zsg176aq said:
That grey steer is a nice guy and looks friendly.. Nice heifers too!
most of ours are pretty friendly (wild compared to your herd ;-) ) and like to come investigate you and then see what they can chew off of whatever vehicle you're driving that day... Some seem like they are always at the front of the group to come see you and he is one of those.

gizmom":zsg176aq said:
How did you breed your speckled Parks? I just like the look of them, as always beautiful cattle.

gizmom

We bred them Black Angus, to this guy here:
IMG_1745sm.jpg

I had offers from the neighbour who has a really nice speckle park bull to take them over there and let them run with his bull for a bit, but for their first calf I decided I'd rather just breed them to our own bull who is a proven heifer bull. We shall see what next year brings.

That bull photo made me look twice. It looks like he has the worst sheath ever posted from Canada. Lol

The girls on your place would never get pregnant on my place. We can't get a cow to that size or she slips a calf or just doesn't get bred at all.

creekdrive":21hwevze said:
Nesikep":21hwevze said:
That grey steer is a nice guy and looks friendly.. Nice heifers too!
most of ours are pretty friendly (wild compared to your herd ;-) ) and like to come investigate you and then see what they can chew off of whatever vehicle you're driving that day... Some seem like they are always at the front of the group to come see you and he is one of those.

Oh, you mean kinda like this? https://goo.gl/photos/Sn2Pej85tyeUJ34M6 They were really on a roll that day! That's why I can't have anything nice.. part two!
Next favourite passtime, if they can get to it is rubbing on my dirt bike until it falls over.

JWBrahman":65b4zx9f said:
That bull photo made me look twice. It looks like he has the worst sheath ever posted from Canada. Lol

The girls on your place would never get pregnant on my place. We can't get a cow to that size or she slips a calf or just doesn't get bred at all.

That would be an awfully bad sheath! It's not that bad honest ;-)

We don't have many skinny cows. Usually the ones that are end up open or calve late the next year. Some of the younger cows (1st and 2nd calvers) are thinner. The grass was very good quality this spring/summer and they have really packed it on. This time of year the grass is pretty well done growing (especially if we don't get rain soon) and most will probably shed some pounds before we wean.

Thanks freighttrain and Lithuanian farmer. Nesi it is a never ending battle with our animals to make sure they don't eat the handlebars off the quad, the seat off the ranger etc. Amazing how fast they can pull or chew wires off. Worse than little kids for getting into trouble.

Latest posts