SUMMARY ENHANCE BSE SURVEILLANCE USA & BSE PREVALENCE ES

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer":1y5guqfl said:
frenchie":1y5guqfl said:
frenchie- I get the impression you don't trust USDA's "sound science" :???:

What have you got to hide Ot :?:

I have nothing to hide- but I'm not sure about USDA...Except you and many Canucks chastised R-CALF when they questioned USDA before and took them to court to try and get them to prove their "sound science"..... ;-)

I consider this a trade issue.OT..not a health issue.. out of a 50 million U.k population about a 150 people died of vCJD..How is this possible when there were thousands of B.s.e cases.. I.M.H.O....you have a better chance of being stuck by lightning

Considering the fact you are & were trying to put me out of business.. And you were and are willing to destroy beef demand to do so....I feel no sympathy for you. You made your : bed now lay in it...like the !@#@!!@#@!you are. :x

Your goverment insists that as a requirement for trade that Canada test more cattle.. to get an accurate idea of b.s.e infection .We are doing so..

And yet your gov,t insists that even though B.S.E has been found domesticly within your own country.. they are stopping testing :roll:

Furthermore add to this that the test that you have been using is known to be flawed.... :roll:

Add to that that a former U.S.D.A vet stood up in the Canadian house of Commons and said you were hiding b.s.e cases :roll:

good luck Ot

So in other words you agree that USDA's science may be flawed- and that R-CALF was correct in filing the court action to try and get them to show evidence supporting their policy decisions that were based on that science.......

I think R-Calf and the U.S.D.A are both flawed Ot...

cmjust0":p99vlbqe said:
frenchie":p99vlbqe said:
Considering the fact you are & were trying to put me out of business..

Well, boo hoo hoo.. Quit being such a :pretty:

You're the one who decided to produce something for which you have virtually no domestic market, and you're the one who predicated your own existence on the *assumption* that you'd always be able to export your product to a country which has the capability to produce plenty enough for itself... If you fold as a result of the precarious position you've chosen to put yourself in, you've got nobody to blame but YOURSELF.

(Psst.. If, for whatever reason, you do have to go out of business, I've got a sweet tip for ya.. From what I hear, ice is really popular with Eskimos.. Should be right up your alley!!)

:roll:

Frenchie is just upset because many of the things I predicted a year ago are now coming true- to the disadvantage of producers on both sides of the border...With the inability for the consumers to distinquish Canadian beef from US beef and the Canadian POST feedban positives, demand has dropped-- and now with multinational Packers access to Canadian live cattle they can again manipulate the market to wherever they want....

The border has been open less than a year to live cattle and the markets are tumbling down-- Fats off $15 from one year ago with predictions of possibly dropping another $10-15 before the summer is over- feeders off $10-$15 -- buyers saying that fall calves will be off $15 to $30 if the feeders don't lose too much this summer- more if fat prices dip into the $60 range and feedlots go broke...

And if the USDA goes ahead with its plan to open the Canadian border to OTM Canadian cattle and beef the good cull cow & bull prices we've seen will be gone too -- The $50-60 cull prices will be down in the $25-30 range.... :(

cmjust0":3m5t8nne said:
frenchie":3m5t8nne said:
Considering the fact you are & were trying to put me out of business..

Well, boo hoo hoo.. Quit being such a :pretty: :

Well lookee here his mama let little cmjusto crawl out of his sandbox... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're the one who decided to produce something for which you have virtually no domestic market, and you're the one who predicated your own existence on the *assumption*:

Its called NAFTA Cmjusto remember.. :?:

that you'd always be able to export your product to a country which has the capability to produce plenty enough for itself... :

Well if you actually did produce enough quality product.. maybe they would not have to go north to get it. :lol: oh but I forgot your a little short on product with your 6 or 8 head :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Never mind quality :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck cmjust0 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer":1q6jvav7 said:
Frenchie is just upset because many of the things I predicted a year ago are now coming true-:(

You know nothing Ot about what I am upset about..

As far as I ,m concerned your inability to realize that B.s.e does exist domesticly within the U.S is laughable...What pisses me off about you is that you will do anything to keep imported cattle out including questioning the safety of beef...and enlisting the help of consumers groups funded by animal rights groups.
Nothing like destroying beef demand.

.With the inability for the consumers to distinquish Canadian beef from US beef and the Canadian POST feedban positives, demand has dropped---:(

:lol: Good try Ot the reality is that consumers remember R-Calfs remarks on B.s.e and realize they have domestic b.se within their own country.Way to go R-calf

.The border has been open less than a year to live cattle and the markets are tumbling down--
:(

And its not like drought anywhere in the states has been a factor either :roll: [/b]

Oldtimer":2wxbpgal said:
Frenchie is just upset because many of the things I predicted a year ago are now coming true- to the disadvantage of producers on both sides of the border...

Well, if I'd made the stupid decision to try and earn my living selling tortillas to Mexicans, I probably wouldn't care if a few giant Mexican tortilla companies started using mass quantities of my inferior product to depress the prices of Mexico's booming domestic tortilla industry..

I mean, as long as I'm selling my crappy tortillas, what do I care if I end up putting Mexicans out of work and hinder their ability to earn a decent living in their own country?? After all, I'm just out to make a few bucks at any cost!! :x

Of course, I would NOT be at all surprised to learn that I was hated everywhere south of the border as a result of my business practices, unlike some of our northern neighbors who get their panties in a wad when the people they're helping to have pushed around start PUSHING BACK... :mad:

cmjust0":2y03xd7q said:
Oldtimer":2y03xd7q said:
Frenchie is just upset because many of the things I predicted a year ago are now coming true- to the disadvantage of producers on both sides of the border...

Well, if I'd made the stupid decision to try and earn my living selling tortillas to Mexicans, I probably wouldn't care if a few giant Mexican tortilla companies started using mass quantities of my inferior product to depress the prices of Mexico's booming domestic tortilla industry..

I mean, as long as I'm selling my crappy tortillas, what do I care if I end up putting Mexicans out of work and hinder their ability to earn a decent living in their own country?? After all, I'm just out to make a few bucks at any cost!! :x

Of course, I would NOT be at all surprised to learn that I was hated everywhere south of the border as a result of my business practices, unlike some of our northern neighbors who get their panties in a wad when the people they're helping to have pushed around start PUSHING BACK... :mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a nice day there .... cmjusto :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

frenchie":3b1ua4s7 said:
Well lookee here his mama let little cmjusto crawl out of his sandbox...

My sandbox is bigger than your litterbox, puss.. :lol:

Its called NAFTA Cmjusto remember..

Sure, I remember.. Just because it has a name doesn't mean it's not still an ASSUMPTION on your part.. Anything can happen, ya know.. In fact, the border closing was a good example of that very principle!! Remember THAT? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if you actually did produce enough quality product.. maybe they would not have to go north to get it.

Gutsy move, degrading the quality of American beef when you're surrounded by American beef producers.. Stupid -- but gutsy..

Actually, I've got half a mind to make this little gem of a quote my new sig line -- attributed to YOU, of course... Wonder how many Americans would continue to run to your defense if I did that???

oh but I forgot your a little short on product with your 6 or 8 head Never mind quality

Wow.. The hits just keep on coming..

You've now managed to degrade the quality of American beef AND insult multitudes of 'hobby farmers' who frequent this forum...

If I had known the last time we argued that all I had to do was hand you a rope, I'd have let you hang yourself a long time ago..

Good luck cmjust0

Good luck to you, chief.. I'm thinking you're gonna need it.

cmjust0":3o5tmsxt said:
frenchie":3o5tmsxt said:
Well if you actually did produce enough quality product.. maybe they would not have to go north to get it.

Gutsy move, degrading the quality of American beef when you're surrounded by American beef producers.. Stupid -- but gutsy..

Actually, I've got half a mind to make this little gem of a quote my new sig line -- attributed to YOU, of course... Wonder how many Americans would continue to run to your defense if I did that???

it was directed at you but go ahead.

cmjust0":3o5tmsxt said:
frenchie":3o5tmsxt said:
oh but I forgot your a little short on product with your 6 or 8 head Never mind quality

Wow.. The hits just keep on coming..

You've now managed to degrade the quality of American beef AND insult multitudes of 'hobby farmers' who frequent this forum...

Actually Cmjust0...that was directed to you personally

cmjust0":2ijdzhxl said:
frenchie":2ijdzhxl said:
Its called NAFTA Cmjusto remember..

In fact, the border closing was a good example of that very principle!! Remember THAT? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No shitt sherlock :roll:

cmjust0":2ijdzhxl said:
Sure, I remember.. Just because it has a name doesn't mean it's not still an ASSUMPTION on your part.. Anything can happen, ya know..

A legal document is an assumption :?: Only if you don,t know the loopholes :lol: :eek:

frenchie":3ka0dsw9 said:
it was directed at you but go ahead.

frenchie":3ka0dsw9 said:
Actually Cmjust0...that was directed to you personally

So you were accusing me, personally, of being wholly responsible for the lack of quality and quantity that you believe exist in the American beef and cattle industry -- problems which are apparently large-scale enough to cause packers to look North for better product?

That's pretty thin..

I think you said exactly what you believe to be the truth..

Latest posts