Sulfer Blocks

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":23rg01mb said:
Sulfur also inhibits the absorption of Selenium. That would be very detrimental around here. If you are feeding good loose mineral, you should not need to feed anything else.
I know the "trace mineral" salt blocks are worthless. A cow could eat a whole block in one day and still not get the trace minerals she needed for that one day.

A cow could eat a entire mineral block and not receive the mineral that the label on a bag of expensive mineral claims it needs... fixed it

I put out plain salt blocks and sulfur blocks during the summer . An older cattleman told me the sulfur helped with flys . Makes the cows smell bad to the flys; don't know if that is true but I think along with my other fly controls something is working ? The cows do love the sulfur blocks ! I also keep out loose minerals .

It is true about selenium and sulfur and probably the best idea is to have grass tested for them. Both are very important and sulfur is one that kills bacteria and viruses at least in humans. We are trying out a new product called fulvic and I know it has sulfur so to be safe I put out apple cider vinegar in separate water tanks (1/8 gallon to 45 gallons water). Many ranchers here are doing this or at these the ones selling grass fed. Sulfur also helps kill the fungus that causes oders. I know many do not talk about GMOs here but glyphosate is a potent antibiotic. I do not have all the research but feel anything with especially corn is a recipe for sick animals and those who eat them. So far dr Hubert is the source I use.

callmefence":17glcxm9 said:
Red Bull Breeder":17glcxm9 said:
Been using Vita Ferm for quite a while. It works.
rollinhills":17glcxm9 said:
Turkeybird":17glcxm9 said:
Anybody use vita ferm stuff?

Yes it seems to be really good stuff.

Good for what exactly.
Here in ky most of my pasture is fescue and you know we have trouble with toxins. The heat mineral helps with that plus it has AMA-ferm in it which is a probiotic plus garlic and cinnamon to help with the flies, during breeding we use the concept-aid 5s which helps with breed back.

rollinhills":2ll22i12 said:
callmefence":2ll22i12 said:
Red Bull Breeder":2ll22i12 said:
Been using Vita Ferm for quite a while. It works.
rollinhills":2ll22i12 said:
Yes it seems to be really good stuff.

Good for what exactly.
Here in ky most of my pasture is fescue and you know we have trouble with toxins. The heat mineral helps with that plus it has AMA-ferm in it which is a probiotic plus garlic and cinnamon to help with the flies, during breeding we use the concept-aid 5s which helps with breed back.

Thank you

if the sulfer blocks are like the trace mineral blocks they are 99% salt, i dont see how the trace mineral is enough for cows im pretty sure the loose trace mineral is the same percentage as the blocks

MtnCows93":2gj20g2u said:
if the sulfer blocks are like the trace mineral blocks they are 99% salt, i dont see how the trace mineral is enough for cows im pretty sure the loose trace mineral is the same percentage as the blocks

Not all mineral blocks are 99 percent salt

We use sulfur blocks and loose mineral of different formula depending on the time of year . Have used loose salt and mineral , can't really tell any difference

Latest posts