Suggestions on two implements

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike

Reaction score
Just wanting some suggestions from you guys about what has been a really reliable 8-10' brush hog, AND a good bale unroller. Lemme hear the good points and bad about what you all have and use.

Rhino TW120 10 ft, The one we have has been and still is a good trouble free hog. 478 Dew Eze hay bed, on what ever brand of truck you like.

Red Bull Breeder":aqbepbs0 said:
Rhino TW120 10 ft, The one we have has been and still is a good trouble free hog. 478 Dew Eze hay bed, on what ever brand of truck you like.
I was leaning towards the Rhino also, but had someone else tell me to check out the Brown mowers. On the bale unroller, I am getting one that goes on my JD tractor's 3-point. A local dealer has a Leinbach for about $500, complete with hydraulic hoses, and arm.

I use a 2615 bush hogs and have had good luck with them
My wife probably mows rougher stuff than most folks( if she can ride it over with a 100hp tractor she will mow it down) and lots of acres per yr I have had the best luck out of the BH than any others
Haven't heard of Browns

Limomike":1qjhz561 said:
I was leaning towards the Rhino also, but had someone else tell me to check out the Brown mowers. On the bale unroller, I am getting one that goes on my JD tractor's 3-point. A local dealer has a Leinbach for about $500, complete with hydraulic hoses, and arm.
Mine is a yellow one I got at a Vermeer dealer. Cost me $750. Sounds like a good deal if it is a sturdy build.

Bought a Rhino two years ago - I have never run it - but my neighbour uses it all the time - take a licking and keeps on ticking.

Willows, tag alders, clump brush and everything in between - run it off a 110 HP tractor and never worry about what it hits other than rock.

If the tractor can go over it he pretty much keeps on going

Good piece of equipment

Cannot help you with the unroller - our cows do it us.

Bez+

i would buy the 10ft bushhogg.ive got a 8ft bushhogg an my bro is real rough on shredders.an it has held up real good under him.an it still looks brand new.ive also got a 10 mowhawk shredder that he can blowup in heartbeat.an its broke down right now.so dont get a mowhawk.

Limomike":2kxw50bk said:
Just wanting some suggestions from you guys about what has been a really reliable 8-10' brush hog, AND a good bale unroller. Lemme hear the good points and bad about what you all have and use.
All of the mowers may be going to a sloped deck so that mowing derbis will not accumalte on it. I like the looks of the 10 john deere drag type mower.

Before you buy an unroller, try using your front tractor wheel against the center of the bale. I was building an unroller, an elderly farmer told me this I tried it and it works great.There is one catch, it works best on hard solid center rolls. I have a JD 435 and it works great, but I tried it on some bales someone else baled using his vermeer, and they just squashed, it may have just been his baler( there are so many variables). It's worth a try. rcp

RCP":n2jwx4ov said:
Before you buy an unroller, try using your front tractor wheel against the center of the bale. I was building an unroller, an elderly farmer told me this I tried it and it works great.There is one catch, it works best on hard solid center rolls. I have a JD 435 and it works great, but I tried it on some bales someone else baled using his vermeer, and they just squashed, it may have just been his baler( there are so many variables). It's worth a try. rcp

Not only can that damage the steering during those real cold days; but that is precisely how I ended up turning a MF135 over on top of me; pinning me for a while before my neighbor was able to lift it off with his tractor. Needless to say, I will NOT do that again.

Latest posts