sugar gliders

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about them? I had a teacher offer to give her's to me. She said her son was too busy to take proper care of it and she was tired of being the sole care taker of this animal.

I was doing some research on my own but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?

I know, this is better on the pet forum, but this gets more traffic and I may be getting the littel critter tonight.

This is a bat type thing.

sugargliger.jpg

I just didn't know if someone had one, or has a horror story about one or what. I am sure that there are plenty of horror stories around about every kind of pet, I guess. They just look so cute. I'm sure Steve will have a cow. It can't be that hard to take care of one...

Lammie":1ukvssch said:
I just didn't know if someone had one, or has a horror story about one or what. I am sure that there are plenty of horror stories around about every kind of pet, I guess. They just look so cute. I'm sure Steve will have a cow. It can't be that hard to take care of one...

Well, I guess YOU are about to find out! :D :D

Let us know how it goes.

I like that name - "Sugar Glider"

Regards

Bez+

Lammie I hope you like to stay up all night. These little cuties sleep all day. Soon as it is dark they come alive to play. They make a sqeaky chirping noise. Make sure it's cage is big enough for a running wheel and toys. Also it will need a pouch to sleep in.
They do have a muskie smell .
There's not enough meat on one of those things to go with dumplings :lol:

Joy of Texas":wdz7kll1 said:
Lammie I hope you like to stay up all night. These little cuties sleep all day. Soon as it is dark they come alive to play. They make a sqeaky chirping noise. Make sure it's cage is big enough for a running wheel and toys. Also it will need a pouch to sleep in.
sound's like the perfect redneck gift,... do the crap all over every thing too :lol:

Here is a descripction of a sugar glider: A sugar glider is a small nocturnal marsupial native to Australia and Indonesia. So you may consider them a flying possum. :D :D :D :D

hurleyjd":588mbdg3 said:
Here is a descripction of a sugar glider: A sugar glider is a small nocturnal marsupial native to Australia and Indonesia. So you may consider them a flying possum. :D :D :D :D
man that great its bad enough they can walk.... but a possum that can get airbourne..

Joy of Texas":i8zqw59m said:

I have a room it can stay in at night in the cage. I am going to have to go and get a few things. I am going to talk to the lady tonight about it. I may back out of it, given the information I have....

A cute little flying Possum? :lol: :lol: Nope, not me.

Lammie, you're going to make poor little Coltrane jealous. :nod: But he may enjoy the little greasy meal.

My wife is a vet tech. Very few animals bother her other than snakes and spiders, but those things creep her out. Some woman and her kid brought one in to the vet office a while back, wife was looking it over and it let out some sorta squeel. Long story short, wife bounced it off the wall in front of the child, who was standing there with her mouth wide open.

If our cats wouldn't kill it, I'd get one just to mess with the wife.

They are not the same as a flying squirrel, and I would LOVE to have one.
I vote take it and deal with Steve later. :nod: He'll resist at first then he'll get used to it and tolerate it, won't be long and he will be buying it treats at the store, talking baby talk to it and carrying it around in his pocket. Just wait and see! :lol2:

I think you ought to get it to. The devil with the details. The creechture is neat. Worse case scenario you can always set it free or be the first one in your neighborhood to have an organic skeet shoot. :nod: