sudden death in cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Wounded by any other animals? Friend just lost a bull with those symptoms. Turns out the bull got rammed by a rival bull and cracked a rib. The cracked rib ended up puncturing a lung and killing him rather quickly.

Ok, there were more signs than that, whether when still alive or not. Attitude, appetite, gait prior to death? Weather? Position of body, location, POST MORTEM FINEDINGS etc after death?

The list of possibilities includes anthrax, anerysm (gosh that just doesn't look right but I'm tired...) gunshot, liver failure, lightning and a whole lot more!

The most important thing to do with a sudden death is to find out why. The best source of information is the body with the answers to the questions I have just asked being a good second. Get a PM!

Good Luck!
V

Sounds like a massive pulmonary embolism to me???????? Was the blood bright and forthy, or dark and smooth no bubbles? How much blood was lost a lot or a little. Did the bull injure itself in anyway? How old was the Bull? Any Stress or just out in pasture. Did you have a vet preform an post on the animal?

Latest posts