Sucks to be poor

Help Support CattleToday:

Can be pretty brutal country. High enough to get pretty chilly in the winter, blistering hot in summer. Always windy too.
500 head would be max. Only time anything grows is Feb/March, maybe April if it's a wet year.
Soon as you get more than 10 miles from the river it makes West Texas look lush :lol:

Spent sometime around there goat hunting, that country can get tough, plus I need tracking collar on my cows.

A guy on another site has posted a lot of pics of this country while he rented a house in Lake Havasau City for the winter.

The country looked to me like Jake and Zeb worked right next door to this ranch. Bet those cross-eyed old Cowpokes cows were eating up the cactus too! ;-) :nod: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I looked at the climate history and it wasn't much hotter on average than parts of Texas or Oklahoma. Not to say that aint hot and the average rainfall for the last 50 years is about what we have averaged since 2011
I think it would feel like home
All I need it 1.2 million for the ranch and another million for cattle
I don't think I can lie well enough convince a banker to give me a loan for it
Maybe I could hire on as the manager and wear a white shirt everyday :D

Shanghai":2zhfbkas said:
I looked at the climate history and it wasn't much hotter on average than parts of Texas or Oklahoma. Not to say that aint hot and the average rainfall for the last 50 years is about what we have averaged since 2011
Or just move back into the "State of Reality". You already got 1800 acres (supposedly). Put a house on it and enjoy it.

One of those places where you kind of need to run yearlings cause if your bulls ever meet one of the cows your overstocked.

TexasBred":r1rbe2su said:
Shanghai":r1rbe2su said:
Or just move back into the "State of Reality". You already got 1800 acres (supposedly). Put a house on it and enjoy it.

First thing I never at no point said 1800 acres, but if I did quote a figure there is no need for the supposedly remark, you ought know by now I tell it like it is.
The reality is at my age I don't think I have enough time to put enough together for a big place like that and none of my children are interested in cattle or ranching so I don't see the benefit, but I still think about it when I see places like that.

What seems to be missing here? I'm having trouble with the math because when you subtract from the advertised acres of 166351 the 122 acres of deeded land, minus the state lease of 13841 and minus the blm's 65568 acres there seems to be 83820 missing. :help: me with the numbers. Maybe the missing acres are just the neighbors and they don't mind if 490 head of cattle graze on their land. :lol:

And then my next question is why I would want to buy land that is leased from the state and federal government? :dunce:

Fly-guy":2aknrf7d said:
What seems to be missing here? I'm having trouble with the math because when you subtract from the advertised acres of 166351 the 122 acres of deeded land, minus the state lease of 13841 and minus the blm's 65568 acres there seems to be 83820 missing. :help: me with the numbers. Maybe the missing acres are just the neighbors and they don't mind if 490 head of cattle graze on their land. :lol:

And then my next question is why I would want to buy land that is leased from the state and federal government? :dunce:
Evidently:

" Deeded, free grazing, State lease and BLM leased lands."

"Free grazing" or not, there is not much feed there! I would take a smaller partial, that grows good feed all year, over a million acs. of that desert any day.JMHO

Shanghai":3k8ruai2 said:
I'm right the opposite
I had rather have a bigger place than a smaller place with lots of grass
I want to see something new everyday
How much do you really think sage brush and cactus changes from spot to spot? :lol:

branguscowgirl":3v78j3uz said:
Shanghai":3v78j3uz said:
I'm right the opposite
How much do you really think sage brush and cactus changes from spot to spot? :lol:

There is more than meets the eye ;-)

Shanghai":2f6pto15 said:
I'm right the opposite
I can understand that. You wake up in a new world everyday with a new name everyday and a new story everyday. Nobody knows you !!!! I don't think you even know yourself Cross.

TexasBred":ytv9qwjt said:
Shanghai":ytv9qwjt said:
I'm right the opposite
I can understand that. You wake up in a new world everyday with a new name everyday and a new story everyday. Nobody knows you !!!! I don't think you even know yourself Cross.

Dam dude whats your problem ?
I'm trying, I swear I'm trying to keep my cool, but it aint my nature to take a lot of lip
If there is something you're confused about ask in it in a decent manner and I'll be glad to clarify

Edit
TB I like you and I don't want to fight with but holy shyt you're pushing me beyond my patience

Latest posts