Stupid question

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
I am too lazy to search (in fact I probably answered this from someone before) and my brain can not remember so I will ask you all.

Cow had heat 6 days ago ,how soon can I give prostaglandin to induce heat again ?

Thanks..

anytime in the next 9-10 days, after that the CL will start to degenerate anyway to induce the next natural heat.

she will come back in natural heat in 15 to 22 days.so why not wait on her to come back in heat.

Thanks Knersie, that is the number I had in my head but wasn't sure.

BB I tried to lock her up by myself to AI her as Mr. HD was gone for the past week but she is tricky and I couldn't get her in the coral system so I missed her. Now hubby will be home Thurs. for 5 days so I want her bred while there are two of us here to lock her up.

That is one of the sucky parts to having to work by yourself all the time. This summer I need to build an ally way to my coral system so I can get the not so cooperative ones in by myself..

Just found my old bookmark. I can estrumate her 9-10 days after her last heat and she should come into heat again 72-96 hours later ;if not I will just have to wait until her next normal heat.

Not the best way, but I did it many times before when I didn't know how to AI and had to work the cows heats around my husbands schedule.

hillsdown":3e1ez6tv said:
Just found my old bookmark. I can estrumate her 9-10 days after her last heat and she should come into heat again 72-96 hours later ;if not I will just have to wait until her next normal heat.

Not the best way, but I did it many times before when I didn't know how to AI and had to work the cows heats around my husbands schedule.

She'll react to the Estrumate from 5 days after ovulation till about 16 days so you can inject her before 9-10 days and still have the desired result.

I've seen more come in heat 48 hours after the injection than I have seen cows holding on till 96 hours. The vast majority will be around 72-78 hours.