Stupid question about hay(pasture)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Just put my electric fence up and let the cows on the hay ground (like I do every year) so they can eat it down.Well I noticed that two of them seem to be bloated up more than usual. I didnt pull them off of it tonight but was thinking maybe I should. It has alot of clover in it but not any more than any other year. Am I just be over cautious? JHH

dun

Reaction score
The grass this fall is different then in previous years. Our cows are still squirtin as if they're on spring flush grass.

dun

Reaction score
As long as they're burping and farting I would just leave them. If they appear to be in distress then I would move them and restrict them to only a couple of hours a day of the pasture for a a couple of days till they adjust. I just expect them to adjust without my intervention. But that's just my way of doing things, I'm a huge believer in benign neglect

OP
JHH

JHH

Reaction score
dun":akmwbgn4 said:
As long as they're burping and farting I would just leave them. If they appear to be in distress then I would move them and restrict them to only a couple of hours a day of the pasture for a a couple of days till they adjust. I just expect them to adjust without my intervention. But that's just my way of doing things, I'm a huge believer in benign neglect

I will leave them tonight and check on them in the morning and make my call then. Thanks

dun

Reaction score
JHH":35b6l7zd said:
dun":35b6l7zd said:

I will leave them tonight and check on them in the morning and make my call then. Thanks
It's gonna be a nerve wracking night for you.

OP
JHH

JHH

Reaction score
dun":3tqocwuo said:
JHH":3tqocwuo said:
dun":3tqocwuo said:

It's gonna be a nerve wracking night for you.

They are fine. And I just have a couple more gray hairs is all. I just worry to much.

Latest posts