Stupid monitor!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
I am now wearing a portable heart monitor for the next two weeks. Went to the cardiologist yesterday at the behest of my PCP because I'd been having chest pains. I think it was anxiety over the whole thing with, you know, the parents house, going broke, son can't find a job, hate my job, having a spouse that lives 100 miles away, life... I've started other meds that have helped, but NO, we have to wear the monitor. I also have a stress test scheduled for the 29th. Looking forward to that..

Anyway, the leads are itching me to death, I have this thing around my neck, necklace style because I'm still in my jammies, I rolled over on it last night and it started making noise... It's been less than 24 hours and I'm ready to take it back.

Any words of advice?

Be sure you note the time you walked into the spiderweb so that don't count that as a coronary. :lol: Hope all turns out well. :nod: Stress can make you feel bad, but I think it can be a trigger too.

I doubt anything will happen while I'm wearing it. Kinda like when you take the car to the mechanic and he can't get it to make that noise you you were talking about even though he drove it to Bosier City and back... You get the car back with four thousand miles on it and he's saying, "I didn't hear a dam thing." and you car has empty beer bottles in the back seat...

Welcome to my world :welcome: I got chemo today,so will come home attached to a "fannypac pump"-have to wear it 'till Friday :frowns: Doesn't make me feel as bad as it did,'cause they did take off those 2 chemicals.. Honestly,I know now why a chained up dog is mean.. :devil2: cause I'm pretty much stuck inside for 3 days :(

lammie i doubt youll have a flare up wearing that monitor.but take it easy till you findout if you have a prob.

Lammie":1fsd7w49 said:
I think it was anxiety over the whole thing with, you know, the parents house, going broke, son can't find a job, hate my job, having a spouse that lives 100 miles away, life...
Any words of advice?

Valium with a shot of Jack Daniels at night.

Time for you to sit down and take stock of your life.

What stresses you - and what does not.

And then change it.

If you are serious about it you will - if you THINK you are serious about it you will NOT and you will find all sorts of excuses and denial to justify that lack of change.

A very personal note from me to you - If you go back and look at your posts here - you can see a defininte trend towards being stressed about far too many things that are not important. You let yourself get dragged into so many things I shake my head.

Look after yourself and leave those things that are not important to lie on the ground where they belong. Start with two things: Son cannot find a job? Tell him to get out and join the military or Coast Guard and to not come home until he is self supporting - if they will not take him, then tell him to go to work at MacDonalds and be self supporting - then forget about it. Spouse lives too far away? The sell and move to him - or rent things out and move.

You will find a reason the politely tell me to screw off - but I am a far better person today because I MADE changes in my life - you can do it too.

Or you can wear that monitor and it will show you are stressed and then someday you will disappear from here - later we wil find out stress got you.

Life is all choices - time for you to make a few in YOUR favour - or die early

Now - go do the right thing.

Bez+

Bez+":2jya6p1p said:

And then change it.

If you are serious about it you will - if you THINK you are serious about it you will NOT and you will find all sorts of excuses and denial to justify that lack of change.

A very personal note from me to you - If you go back and look at your posts here - you can see a defininte trend towards being stressed about far too many things that are not important. You let yourself get dragged into so many things I shake my head.

Look after yourself and leave those things that are not important to lie on the ground where they belong. Start with two things: Son cannot find a job? Tell him to get out and join the military or Coast Guard and to not come home until he is self supporting - if they will not take him, then tell him to go to work at MacDonalds and be self supporting - then forget about it. Spouse lives too far away? The sell and move to him - or rent things out and move.

You will find a reason the politely tell me to screw off - but I am a far better person today because I MADE changes in my life - you can do it too.

Or you can wear that monitor and it will show you are stressed and then someday you will disappear from here - later we wil find out stress got you.

Bez+

What he said :nod:

3waycross":2rlh1l9n said:
Bez+":2rlh1l9n said:

And then change it.

Bez+

What he said :nod:

Especailly that, "Then change it" part. I don't see anything on that list worth dying for.

Bez+":1z1fmlui said:

And then change it.

Bez+
Lammie, you just got some very good advice. You have been stressed out for as long as I have been a member of C.T. Take care of yourself, everything else will be what it is.
Tom.

Gosh ~ I don't usually agree with Bez( :lol2:), but this is excellent advice. All of it. Sometimes it feels selfish to make these changes, especially for care takers. Sometimes it is scary because you are making permanent changes ~ you cannot go back on some, and have to work with the decisions you make. You are letting go of control of things you think are important, and putting them in the hands of the people they actually belong to (your siblings and your son) and you worry they will screw things up ~ so what, these things belong to them, not you. You are owning other peoples funk. But think, prioritize,and, as Bez said, make the changes you need to get healthy. You will be so very much better off mentally and physically for it. :nod:

I had to wear one of those. When I went back to the doc, he looked at the readings and said "Just like I thought--you're stupid"
I said "I want a second opinion". Doc says "You're ugly, too". (drumroll please) :banana:

Yeah, I know... I just like for things to run smoothly and on schedule, which it never does. I've been postponing stuff I have to deal with all summer and I need to get on the stick and just do it. I can deal with Steve being gone, I told my son he'd have to find something, and he is working, just not full time. We don't want to sell the house because there are good schools here and William is doing so well. Four more years and we are out of here. We dream of throwing a dart at the map and just going there to live. (Hope it doesn't land on Detroit!) The only stuff I really have to be concerned about is Dad and my immediate responsibilities. It's just hard sometimes, you know? Watching your loved ones struggle is hard to do, especially when there's really nothing you can do about it. I can't control my siblings and I have finally given up on that. It is what it is. I've been a "one day at a time" person for a long time now. Each day is a new start. I know all that, I just need to practice what I'm preaching. I guess placing my folks in the nursing home and them my mother's subsequent death has been hardest to deal with, but once again, I got over thinking that it was a mistake to place them.

What can I say? I'm just a mother...

ga. prime":3s3vyfqj said:
Do you have a waterproof monitor?

No. I have to take it off when I shower. I got sent home with about 420 leads. It's a good thing, too, because you can't put them in the same area twice as they leave big whelts where the contact gel is. You turn it off when you change them. So far so good. Nothing to report.

Lammie":3hj9d71q said:
Yeah, I know

Blah - blah - blah- just more excuses I deleted

Last time from me Lammie

Everything you just stated is stuff we all deal with

You seem to let it get to you more than others do

Time to make some changes - your last sentence was your excuse

So, now what are you really going to do?

Nothing?

Sooner or later a sure ticket to being forced into making those changes

Or are you going to get stressed at me?

I will not bore you why I made some big changes - but if I had not I would not be here today

It can catch you too - so - get on and do it

Your "I'm just a mother..." is your crutch.

Go look in that mirror.

Whatchya REALLY going to do?

A quick aside for you to ponder:

He said: "I was in my early forties,
"With a lot of life before me,
"An' a moment came that stopped me on a dime.
"I spent most of the next days,
"Looking at the x-rays,
"An' talking 'bout the options an' talkin' 'bout sweet time."
I asked him when it sank in,
That this might really be the real end?
How's it hit you when you get that kind of news?
Man whatcha do?

So basically - I am calling you out.

Bez+

Lammie":1op2evv3 said:
Yeah, I know... I just like for things to run smoothly and on schedule, which it never does. I've been postponing stuff I have to deal with all summer and I need to get on the stick and just do it. I can deal with Steve being gone, I told my son he'd have to find something, and he is working, just not full time. We don't want to sell the house because there are good schools here and William is doing so well. Four more years and we are out of here. We dream of throwing a dart at the map and just going there to live. (Hope it doesn't land on Detroit!) The only stuff I really have to be concerned about is Dad and my immediate responsibilities. It's just hard sometimes, you know? Watching your loved ones struggle is hard to do, especially when there's really nothing you can do about it. I can't control my siblings and I have finally given up on that. It is what it is. I've been a "one day at a time" person for a long time now. Each day is a new start. I know all that, I just need to practice what I'm preaching. I guess placing my folks in the nursing home and them my mother's subsequent death has been hardest to deal with, but once again, I got over thinking that it was a mistake to place them.

I need to go hook up the gooseneck. Maybe it will hold all the comments I have.

Nevermind. I'll bite my tongue.

Bex was kind.

Band Boosters is coming up, so I can immerse myself in that. I'm looking forward to it. I havent been in band boosters in several years. It's gonna be neat to have a kid in high school again. I really enjoyed Steven's HS years. Football games, contests, trips, volunteering for stuff, making gift bags, posters... It's a great way to spend time and you get to see your kid grow up.

Latest posts