Stupid monitor!

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":3fq2v0yq said:
ga. prime":3fq2v0yq said:
Do you have a waterproof monitor?

No. I have to take it off when I shower. I got sent home with about 420 leads. It's a good thing, too, because you can't put them in the same area twice as they leave big whelts where the contact gel is. You turn it off when you change them. So far so good. Nothing to report.

I wore one of those monitors for 24 hrs one time and skipped the shower. That'd be pretty rough having to put those sticky things on and pull them off every day for two weeks. Sorry you're having to go through that. Keep reminding yourself, lot's worse could happen.

Lammie believe me it could be a lot worse. You could be as hairy as me. Think about that the next time you pull those leads off. :cry: :lol:

I probably don't need to be wading into this, BUT Lammie has a job with the school system. I don't know how many years she has into the Texas state pension plan; BUT jobs that come with pension benefits are becoming a rarity. Sure, she might prefer picking strawberries or herding goats or selling insurance; but you don't casually walk away from the possibility of getting vested into the system and drawing pension bennies for the last 10 to 50 years of your life. As to the boy, if he can't get a decent full time job with a four year degree, Bez is right he needs to talk with the U.S. Army or go back to school to get a teaching certificate or something else that is marketable.

Brandonm22":2uc8t83f said:
I probably don't need to be wading into this, BUT Lammie has a job with the school system. I don't know how many years she has into the Texas state pension plan; BUT jobs that come with pension benefits are becoming a rarity. Sure, she might prefer picking strawberries or herding goats or selling insurance; but you don't casually walk away from the possibility of getting vested into the system and drawing pension bennies for the last 10 to 50 years of your life. As to the boy, if he can't get a decent full time job with a four year degree, Bez is right he needs to talk with the U.S. Army or go back to school to get a teaching certificate or something else that is marketable.

Steven is like a lot of college graduates these days. He's certainly not alone searching for a job in this economy. He's got his degree in mortuary science, the job that is supposed to be recession proof. The trouble is he looks like a 12 year old in a dark suit. He has plates holding his knee together so the military is out. Something will come up. And it doesn't hurt to be poor when you are young. He won't die from it. He's the least of my worries. He'll be okay.

As for my job, it's okay. And you are right. Teacher retirement is sweet. One of the things that made me choose this field.

I've just got too much time on my hands. Idle minds and all that. I'll be okay, too. This whole thing is just stress not heart problems. Once school starts back I'll be too busy to think of all this.

I will say, though, that of all the things that have happened in my life, the thing with my parents over the past year has been real tough. It's hard when you go to see your own Dad and he doesn't know how you are. It is what it is. I've felt worse. It could be a whole lot worse.

3waycross":1kmfv0j1 said:
Lammie believe me it could be a lot worse. You could be as hairy as me. Think about that the next time you pull those leads off. :cry: :lol:

Tee hee...

I'm gonna stick my toe in here. Lammy,whats going to happen to all of this when you're gone? You need to stop worrieing and start training your son on how to wash and iron,cook simple meals and generaly take care of himself. Or get him married off. As to the sister,ignore her..She does not mean anymore than a person you meet in the store and chat with. Your dad--oh gee..All you can do is keep on loveing him. Old age is awful sometime,hopefully he's remembering good times.

Steven doesn't live here. And I stopped supporting him financially except for a hot meal about once a week and a place to do his own washing. I don't do that anymore, either. He's a big boy. You know how it is. You want your children to do well in life. He's done some bone head things but that's all a part of the learning curve. I did some bone head things too. Still do. We did the same thing with the step son. He has to make it on his own. And Steven has been very helpful lately with helping me with William when I can't be around, taking him to practice and palling around around with him, being a good brother. William will talk to Steven about stuff that he doesn't want to discuss with me. He's matured a lot. I have to give him credit. Living 400 miles away forced him to become more mature. He likes to go and visit with Dad, too.

He'll be okay. I will, too.

Stress is related to what someone perceives as being stressful. "Things and events" cannot "make" one stressed (there is no direct physical and/or neurological connection to someone). It's only what one "perceives" or imagines as being an issue.

A psychiatrist once said, "Of all the things that you worry about...how many actually come/came true?"

Don't worry about the little stuff...and, most of it is little stuff.

On another note, if a kid is officially "off the teat", then he/she is old enough to make choices and live with the choices. Unless, of course, in a rare event that the kid is seriously handicapped and/or mentally retarded.

Priortize!

;-)

Let me tell you what idiot thing I did Friday...Had fannypac attached to the port,got the line caught twice on the cabinet knobs,and pulled the pump onto the floor .To say nothing of pulling on the attached needle... SO I decided that it was beeping,nurse was comeing soon,so clamped it off and unscrewed the line...which started to bleed.guess the clamp didn't clamp..reattached the line,but had caused the blood in the line to clot.... Nurse had to work with it,but I didn't get a clot into my body... Really dumb,won't EVER do that again,promise..

Bez,

Boy, that's sage advice for sure. And I recognize that last quote as well.. she's been my mentor for years. Gives a person (especially an old "feminista) a different perspective, and really REALLY makes a person aware of what's really important.

I don't worry about stuff I can't change.. and will (hopefully) live longer for it. Life is what you make of it, and there are way too many fun things to do to let worry get in the way. I'm lucky because I don't have kids to worry about, but everyone has stress, especially in the current financial situation the country is in.

Lammie.. keep strong, and try to find good things to think about instead of bad. A good friend of ours up north struggled through years of a job he didn't like for the retirement, and guess what happened to him? Six weeks after he retired he died of a massive heart attach.

Latest posts