Stupid Heifer.

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
This post is about the same heifer that I had post titled" How Long"? Anyway she still has not calved as her due date is 2/11/14 the weather here is not idea, ice on everything. So, I put in the barn Friday afternoon to keep an eye on her. She's really docile and calm. Last night I go over to hay the herd who are just outside the barn. They follow me out with a bale bucking and carrying on ready for meal time. On my return to get another bale I notice the barn gate is mangled and she went though/over it. :mad: Don't have another gate can't get one till Monday. I guess till then she's on her own. :bang: B&G

hope she holds on for the week weather is going to get better in 7 days. this week is going to be a bear snow tuesday.

double v":3necrwzn said:
hope she holds on for the week weather is going to get better in 7 days. this week is going to be a bear snow tuesday.

Yep, I hope so. But the way she looks I don't think that's going to happen. But you can't never tell bout heifers. Thanks B&G :deadhorse:

Black and Good":34iu39he said:
double v":34iu39he said:

Yep, I hope so. But the way she looks I don't think that's going to happen. But you can't never tell bout heifers. Thanks B&G :deadhorse:

Good luck buddy. Sounds like she has a little Satanette in her.

Can you put another cow or heifer in with her next time? That might help keeping her calm and locked up. Just a thought...

Fire Sweep Ranch":2xceod96 said:
Can you put another cow or heifer in with her next time? That might help keeping her calm and locked up. Just a thought...

Thanks for your input. Yes you are right. I actually caught her with a 5yr old cow. But, that cow is pretty bossy and kept hitting her and I thought that she was doing more harm than good. So, I cut her out. Wish it would have been a fellow heifer. This heifer is so calm I never dreamed she would want out of there that bad?? It was my fault. I should have given her a mouthful of feed before I started feeding hay and I don't think she would have wanted to go with them that bad. Live and learn. I'll chalked it up as a College course. LOL B&G

Update. Well yesterday, I beefed up my gate (no pun intended) LOL. Got the heifer back in barn just in time for the big snow. She looks like if you poke her with a needle she would take off like a balloon. Glad she's in the barn. LOL B&G

Black and Good":mle98ft7 said:
Update. Well yesterday, I beefed up my gate (no pun intended) LOL. Got the heifer back in barn just in time for the big snow. She looks like if you poke her with a needle she would take off like a balloon. Glad she's in the barn. LOL B&G

Good for you. Now good luck with the delivery

Latest posts