Stupid cows

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
The cows pushed thru the wire panels and got to what hay is left. It looks like about a dozen or so bales were eaten out of. #40 went around to the back side and got wedged between the round bales and fence adjacent to the access road. Then she tried jumping the fence versus backing out. Back leg hung in the wire and I thought she was dead laying there all sprawled out downhill. I cut the wire off of her and had to roll her up hill for her to get up. Looks like she's gonna make it just fine. I then drove several t posts and tried to make the wire panels cow proof.

They are in the best coastal field I have and it is not going to make hay at this point. Why do they want in the hay?

They want at the hay because they aren't supposed to and its different. I can put out a roll and have more from the same field, same cutting in the barn and they sometimes try to worm their way into it the barn to get at the rolls.

backhoeboogie":2rgaeo93 said:
The cows pushed thru the wire panels and got to what hay is left. It looks like about a dozen or so bales were eaten out of. #40 went around to the back side and got wedged between the round bales and fence adjacent to the access road. Then she tried jumping the fence versus backing out. Back leg hung in the wire and I thought she was dead laying there all sprawled out downhill. I cut the wire off of her and had to roll her up hill for her to get up. Looks like she's gonna make it just fine. I then drove several t posts and tried to make the wire panels cow proof.

They are in the best coastal field I have and it is not going to make hay at this point. Why do they want in the hay?

Glad the cow is OK Boogie . All I can say is d@m, that is too bad about your hay . Cows can be real shytt heads sometimes . :???:

dang that hurts when they get in the hay pen,an start sucking it down.weve built a .5 mile of fence to put cows on ungrazed pasture.an our cows went for the 3 holes we knew about an got out.so we would chase cows an fix fence.then they found a streach of fence down that we didnt know about.wich ment my brother had to work 15hrs running a new fence because he would shut them out till he could fix the fence.

backhoeboogie":2mnq36wn said:

We going to have one of those talks again.
If you don't want them in something you need goat proof fence to keep them out. Always amazed me you can't drive a cow through a 12' gate and they can run through an armidillo hole when they want to.

I had four rolls sitting under a small shed with panels on two sides and tin on the other. There was a 6 inch gap between the tin and ground and the cows worked around and tore a huge hole in the tin wall and ate the four rolls. :bang: :bang: :bang: Stupid cows. :bang: :bang:

Latest posts