Student Survey for Cattle Ranchers

Help Support CattleToday:

Ona Mission

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
In case you don't remember from the introductions section, I am a student doing research on the impact ethanol production is having on food prices. It seems the impact is primarily on beef & diary. I hope you, as professional cattle ranchers, will reply to the follow survey. If you reply to me in private, your privacy will be respected.

Thanks,
John

Ethanol Research Questionnaire:
1) What type of farmer are you: ex (Corn/Wheat/Potato/Cattle/etc)?

2) How long have you been farming?

3) Has our nations increased ethanol usage helped or hurt your business?

4) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce our need for foreign energy?

4.1) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce green house effect?

5) What has happened to your produce's cost over the last 5 years?

6) Is your business a part of/or impacted by Wall Street speculative investors?

7) Do you know any farmers involved with/or affected by ethanol production?

8 Any other comment?

Thanks again!!!

Ona Mission":3qwzk657 said:
Hello Everyone,
In case you don't remember from the introductions section, I am a student doing research on the impact ethanol production is having on food prices. It seems the impact is primarily on beef & diary. I hope you, as professional cattle ranchers, will reply to the follow survey. If you reply to me in private, your privacy will be respected.

Thanks,
John

1) What type of farmer are you: ex (Corn/Wheat/Potato/Cattle/etc)?
cattle

2) How long have you been farming?
25 years

3) Has our nations increased ethanol usage helped or hurt your business?
Hurt

4) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce our need for foreign energy?
Its a start

4.1) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce green house effect?
Its a start

5) What has happened to your produce's cost over the last 5 years?
Increased by 36%

6) Is your business a part of/or impacted by Wall Street speculative investors?
Only as far as increased cautiousness of buyers/loan officers.

7) Do you know any farmers involved with/or affected by ethanol production?
All of them. Some to the good(cheap byproducts if close) most not.

8 Any other comment?
Ethanol is impacting ALL farming-- Meat(BTW-poultry and hogs are taking a deeper hit than cattle) and Dairy are just the most directly(quickly) impacted----the fall out on the food chain is not complete yet.

Thanks again!!!

Ona Mission":55czh3h3 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
John

1) What type of farmer are you: ex (Corn/Wheat/Potato/Cattle/etc)? corn,soybean, few cattle.

2) How long have you been farming? about 30 years ,but also work off the farm to make ends meet :tiphat:

3) Has our nations increased ethanol usage helped or hurt your business? neutral -costs are up some ,but grain prices are up also.

4) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce our need for foreign energy? it will help some. but the U.S. automakers could do ALOT more to reduce it. :help:

4.1) Do you believe ethanol will help reduce green house effect? yes probably.

5) What has happened to your produce's cost over the last 5 years? has nearly doubled. :(

6) Is your business a part of/or impacted by Wall Street speculative investors? yes the speculators drove up the price of oil. & they also like to play games with the commodity prices.

7) Do you know any farmers involved with/or affected by ethanol production? some that are selling them corn & a couple that get distillers grain by-product.

8 Any other comment? there are many other ways we can create electric-wind turbines, and alternative fuels & its way past time that we get on with it. we have had 4 ethanol plants open in the past year within 75 miles of me.one just this week- WOW ! :cboy:

Thanks again!!!
you are welcome.
:welcome:

Thanks everyone for responses. Including the one's sent privately. Your insight is valued and helpful. I read a few responses that I don't think I would have imagined previously.

If anyone else wants to respond, please do so, I only have a couple days left to collect the surveys.

Thanks again,
John

Latest posts