Stuck in shop

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
Working this sunday because I tried to help a guy out from Florida. An old 97 Dodge van had no t-stat so I thought no big deal.

Wow was I wrong. Whoever has been working on this has every bolt crossthreaded. I have broke 4 bolts off trying to get it apart to fix it. I am not happy. Still coming apart. Had to vent a little. Whoever worked on this needs to quit trying to fix stuff.

Wow, that does sound pretty ragged.. I've seen lots of that kind of work as well... and the vans are that much more enjoyable to work on too

Been there before with both t-stats, housings and manifold bolts...... I don't envy you, good luck.

I spent 3 days changing the water pump on a ford once. Not one bolt on the front of the motor had a shoulder left on it. Had to pull the radiator and drill some of them out. Easy out isn't always that easy. But when they are over tightened or break off, you really have no choice. Pain in the buttocks.

backhoeboogie":1zmuq6py said:
I spent 3 days changing the water pump on a ford once. Not one bolt on the front of the motor had a shoulder left on it. Had to pull the radiator and drill some of them out. Easy out isn't always that easy. But when they are over tightened or break off, you really have no choice. Pain in the buttocks.

Only thing I hate worse than having to fix something someone else did wrong is having to redo something I did wrong. I had to pull a C4 transmission that I rebuilt out of a Pinto three times before I woke up and discovered the throttle valve was in backwards. The throttle valve is accessible from outside the case, by the way. Didn't have to drop the transmission at all to fix the problem. DUH.

Latest posts