Strongle (Bloodworm) worms in calves

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I lost 3 calves and the forth was going down. Took a sample of feces to the lab, and found out, they had 550 count of strongle (Bloodworms). Give it a shotffor the worms and the calf is doing fine. It had 550 count of worms is that high? I was also told that it is mainly in hores. Is this true and can hummans get them somehow?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

(User Above)":2zjznntj said:
: I lost 3 calves and the forth was going down. Took a sample of feces to the lab, and found out, they had 550 count of strongle (Bloodworms). Give it a shotffor the worms and the calf is doing fine. It had 550 count of worms is that high? I was also told that it is mainly in hores. Is this true and can hummans get them somehow?<p>Ok.....in my experience, true strongyles do not occur in cattle, but strongyloides are sometimes called strongyles, since the eggs are somewhat similar. Seeing any in the fecal sample is signifigant. If it is something else, a number that high is very signifigant. I'd look into cleaning up my entire herd through strategic deworming. Ask the vet how to go through that!<br>Good Luck!<br>v<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]