Strokes in younger people

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds":3cpsoudf said:
jk where did you get the info about a person having more of a chance of having a stroke after seeing a chiropractor?

Virtually every doctor knows it, but they are prohibited from criticizing chiropractors by a court order.

Here's a few places to look:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... troke.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=94

http://www.webmd.com/stroke/news/200305 ... troke-risk

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/health/ ... etail.html

one of the guys I know was about 25 when he had a mild stroke.. and he had about the healthiest lifestyle you could imagine, worked on a farm, he was in shipshape, gotta figure it was a stroke of bad luck, no pun intended,... he lost a bit of his vision, but is fine every other way and has been healthy for the last 8 years since

I had forgot about this because I just live with it and I don't notice it as much anymore
But about 7 yrs ago I lost 80% of my hearing in my right ear and the way they explained it to me it was a mini stroke in my ear drum and said it was more than likely cause by stress and a sudden spike in my blood pressure
At the time I was still running my excavating business and the only time my phone wasn't ringing was when I turned it off at 10 every night and on Saturday after 3 and all day sunday because it was turned off and that is when I decided enough was enough and started slowing down and finally quit a yr later

I did get some of my hearing back but it is only about 40% on a good day and there is a few days now and then that the ringing in my ear isn't to bad
They wanted to do surgery to fix it but there was only a 60% chance of them being able to repair the damage and their was a 50% chance the surgery would paralyze the right side of my face
so I took the deaf route instead of the dumb one :lol:

About the chiropractor angle..I have to wonder if the people are perhaps having symptoms of a stroke to begin with but write it off as neck and shoulder pain ,maybe thinking that it is a pinched nerve...They go to the chiropractor and all they do is fix the symptoms but the real problem of a blockage/clot is still there..So in a few weeks the actual stroke will occur...

I will say this though never ever let a chiropractor crack your neck as that is a definite death wish..And a chiropractor is really not a real doctor ....... ;-)

I think if you are going to being screwing around with peoples bodies like that either be a real doctor or call yourself a message therapist..

hillsdown":jbylytk1 said:
I will say this though never ever let a chiropractor crack your neck as that is a definite death wish..And a chiropractor is really not a real doctor .......

I used to feel the same way until I was given no choice but to go under the knife by the "real doctors". I've seen what they can do to people with neck surgery and I'm pretty sure the foundation that modern day medicine is built on is a pile of bones. Anyhow, I opted for the less traditional method. The doc helped me considerably and I'm still walking and I'm not on Oxycotin for the pain. If I ever have to go under the knife again it will be too soon. JMO

I'll chime in on this, as I might shed some light. Not so much on the strokes (that's largely diet), but to some people who die young.

About 5 years ago (about 19 years old) I experienced a massive piercing pain in my chest, seized my whole body - couldn't move, brought on by who knows what. I had similar minor pain years earlier, and just wrote it off as 'growing pains'. Well, that last one scared me, so I went to the Doc and was told that I had arrhythmia, aka an irregular heartbeat.

Although this info had been suggested at birth on my charts, my parents were unaware of anything of the sort. The Doc said that a large number of people are born with such a condition, but it is largely ignored, and without an EKG (that's how I learned of mine), most go undiagnosed. The heartbeat gets progressively more distinct with age and the probability for it to skip a beat or stop entirely increases. With society hellbent on working on everything as if it were due yesterday, your going to notice a lot more people dying young. I know I listen on the news about the odd hockey playing kid, (or other sports) that will drop dead on the ice or court at 18 or 19 for seemingly no reason. Later, after an autopsy, 99% of the time it was due to complications from arrhythmia, that no one had any knowledge of. The deal I understood from the Doc was, take life a little easier, or get a pacemaker.

Well, I said to hell with the cords and wires and have made a few lifestyle changes and I haven't had chest pains for years now. :cowboy:

Doctors of chiropractic have relieved a lot of pain and saved many people from having to undergo surgery. There have been times they have helped me a great deal. Other times not. I can say the same thing of MDs or anything else.
I have had massage therapy , of which there are several types, chiropractic, acupuncture, and MD treatment.
Massage and chiropractic treatment are not the same. I don't see how anybody can say they are. Although some chiropractors also have massage therapist on their staff.

Any of them can be effective, or not. Just depends. MDs are the last on my list. I believe the others are safer.

Here is my opinions on Chiropractors and MDs concerning back and necks pain
MDs if you have a good one that specializes in spines they can really help you if a surgical procedure needs to be done IMO you need to see an Orthopedic surgeon and not a nuerologist if having any surgery on your spine such as a ruptured disc and need a disc replacement or fusion done and yes back and neck surgery has came along way, My wife had a disc replacement 4 1/2 yrs ago and she had a wonderful surgeon and is fine now
She can sat on a tractor for 10 hrs aday or be horseback for 10 hrs aday and she can still unload a ton of bag feed off of the truck about the only thing she can't do is carry 80# bags of premix concrete , that is what blew her back out as she had broke ribs at the time she was doing this and that cause her disc to rupture

As for chiropractors if you find a good old school chiropractor that will adjust you and says that should fix it or if not come back in a few days and I will adjust you again then you are probably ok
but the ones that want you to come back 2-3 times a week for 6 months those are the ones who are just after the money
a good chiro should alleviate the problem in 1 or 2 visits and you don't have to go back till it hurts again
usually when you do something that you weren't supposed to be doing
There are good and bad in both proffessions

I never realized so many younger people suffered strokes. Have learned a lot from your posts. I guess it stands to reason that their diets was their problem. Its a shame this stuff happens to people so young.

i nearly had a stroke from getting $1000 deisel last year in two five gallon buckets. and still stoke out with feed prices at these levels and grain dropping at these rates. $800 a ton for fertilizer gave everyone in there 50's a heart attack it's not tke young uns that have a problem its the farmers who just bought a load of $4 feul and two months later it was 3 and next it was 2 and he's stocked up to save money or trying to keep the tank full for the coming winter so the truck can get to the tank. the old boy saved his crop in the bins and the $6 corn is 3 his $13 beans are $8.50 those $1.15 calves are now .85 that whats killing folks not stroke from food it's shock and awe shock and awe i tell you

crats":1dv8ai6k said:
i nearly had a stroke from getting $1000 deisel last year in two five gallon buckets. and still stoke out with feed prices at these levels and grain dropping at these rates. $800 a ton for fertilizer gave everyone in there 50's a heart attack it's not tke young uns that have a problem its the farmers who just bought a load of $4 feul and two months later it was 3 and next it was 2 and he's stocked up to save money or trying to keep the tank full for the coming winter so the truck can get to the tank. the old boy saved his crop in the bins and the $6 corn is 3 his $13 beans are $8.50 those $1.15 calves are now .85 that whats killing folks not stroke from food it's shock and awe shock and awe i tell you

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are also giving reasons for the ulcers and grey hairs. Don't have the ulcers yet but this will probably CHANGE shortly. :nod:

joogee i worked on some cotton gins down there a few years back like the place the peole and all noticed if it wasn't cleared it was pine

Jogeephus":23obun43 said:
I never realized so many younger people suffered strokes. Have learned a lot from your posts. I guess it stands to reason that their diets was their problem. Its a shame this stuff happens to people so young.

not sure if it is diet, as the four year old I knew who died of a stroke was a healthy little boy, never ate McD's or any rubbish, his Mother was one who only bought organic fruit and veg used all the best cuts of meat cut off all visible fat. He had an energetic lifestyle in going to baby gym, swimming and horse back riding. In his autopsy they said his heart was fine and could give no real reason it stays a sad mystery. The three year old girl walks with a limp, and they can't say why she suffered, nothing came up on the cat scan or ecg's.....the two year old boy, the same. and what about the two who were in the womb, both from health Mothers????? so there seems to be no explanation on most accounts, my Dad died of a stroke and heart attack, aged 67 all we could put it down to was he smoked as he had a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Jogeephus":3v8s3s6p said:
This year I have seen three people in their 30's or 40's suffer from strokes. None are close friends of mine but I do know them well enough to know that they were pretty wild. One died on the spot and the other two are bedridden. I don't want to be judgemental but I got this nagging suspicion that maybe there is something common in their lifestyle that may have caused this tragedy. Is this a rare occurance in younger people who appear otherwise healthy or is this more common than I realized? Just wondering.

Daughter of a good friend of mine had a stroke in Nov, she is in her early 30's. Thought it was caused by smoking and taking the pill, but after examinations found that she had a hole between the chambers insdie the heart. She had surgery to repair the hole this month, had she not had the stroke the hole may have went unnotice and could have resulted in heart failure at an early age. Her daughter was a thin and appeared to be healthy.

crats":2fkeqqsd said:
joogee i worked on some cotton gins down there a few years back like the place the peole and all noticed if it wasn't cleared it was pine

We do have quite a bit of pine. Used to be our largest crop. Might still be.

Latest posts