Strokes in younger people

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
This year I have seen three people in their 30's or 40's suffer from strokes. None are close friends of mine but I do know them well enough to know that they were pretty wild. One died on the spot and the other two are bedridden. I don't want to be judgemental but I got this nagging suspicion that maybe there is something common in their lifestyle that may have caused this tragedy. Is this a rare occurance in younger people who appear otherwise healthy or is this more common than I realized? Just wondering.

My wife works in the medical field and she has noticed younger people having heart attacks and strokes too. This has been in the last 20-25 years especially. Also more heart surgeries on 30yr olds.

One of my best friends (we were born 4 days apart) died at 25 from heart failure. Other than the normal teenage drinking and such, I can attest he never got into drugs. He was one of the most geniunely nice persons I've known in my life, some things I'll never understand.

I wonder if it has to do with their diet and all of the saturated fat that is consumed. Also ,just because someone is thin does not mean they are healthy..You need a well balanced diet and exercise every day. I think as technology makes it more convenient to sit on our butts and get the job done we will be having a lot more health problems.

A good friend of mine died of a massive heart attack 5 years ago at the age of 37 ,,while doing a stress test at the hospital..He was an EMT and a gym fanatic, loved pumping iron whenever he had a chance .........He was also a fast food junkie and that is what probably did him in...He looked unbelievable on the outside but that does not mean anything if the inside is not looked after as well..

Well Im sure our diet has something to do with it. Ive been eating at Subway if I have to eat out it has way healthier food then a fast food joint. Lots off veggies with your meat portion. How many off you guys have fruits an vegetables in your meal plans. I am eating alot more fresh fruit. Apples,oranges an bananas. Broccolli lettuce,spinach. An off course our good old beef. I ate a pizza the other day an boy some off those surly can not be good for the health off a person. I guess it depends on what the ingredients are. Also everybody should have there blood pressure an blood fats measured as a health checkup.

I am in my early 40s and I had a check up 2 weeks ago all my blood work came out fine except I am Hypoglycemic(low blood sugar) which is good because my family has a history of Diabetes

Dr was really suprised becaue I am 30-40lbs overweight and I have excellent blood pressure and my cholesterol was high either

I lost a sister in Nov who was 50 to a stroke
Have a brother who is late 40s he has had 2 heart attacks and 1 stroke between the age of 40-42

I think alot of the health issues are self induced by drugs (prescription alot of times) and by also not being as active as we need to be and I think alot of it is based on how and what we eat

One of my friends had heart by pass when he was 26 years old (lover of fast food) , and hated to walk anywhere (lazy) . Another friend and business partner(Cable TV) fell stone dead at 33 years old. We were working two jobs and burning the midnight oil. The truth is probably we are what we eat and how far we walk.

Jogeephus":25xv17vt said:
This year I have seen three people in their 30's or 40's suffer from strokes. None are close friends of mine but I do know them well enough to know that they were pretty wild. One died on the spot and the other two are bedridden. I don't want to be judgemental but I got this nagging suspicion that maybe there is something common in their lifestyle that may have caused this tragedy. Is this a rare occurance in younger people who appear otherwise healthy or is this more common than I realized? Just wondering.

One of the leading causes of strokes in people under the age of 45 is chiropractor visits. You are 6 times more likely to have a stroke if you've seen a chiropractor in the last week. It's 6 times a very small number, so it's still a very small number, but it happens.

Jogee, I'm in that age group and it's amazing to me the number of my friends that have high blood pressue and high chlosterol and/or out of whack chlosterol ratios. I've had 2 friends - both in their mid to late 40's have heart procedures in the last 6 months.

Angus Cowman":1qx59rnz said:
I am in my early 40s and I had a check up 2 weeks ago all my blood work came out fine except I am Hypoglycemic(low blood sugar) which is good because my family has a history of Diabetes

Dr was really suprised becaue I am 30-40lbs overweight and I have excellent blood pressure and my cholesterol was high either

I lost a sister in Nov who was 50 to a stroke
Have a brother who is late 40s he has had 2 heart attacks and 1 stroke between the age of 40-42

I think alot of the health issues are self induced by drugs (prescription alot of times) and by also not being as active as we need to be and I think alot of it is based on how and what we eat

Me to, consistantly 120 over 80 blood pressure. Cholesterol within parameters, blood sugar fine at 106, electrocardio gram showed good strong heart. I am nearly 50-60 pounds over weight. Go figure.

I think it's the diet that's killing 'em. If all you eat are Big Macs, tacos, and KFC, you're loading your body down with so many un-natural things, hormones, and antibiotics.

We don't eat out anymore. (Well, maybe twice a year :lol: ) We cook at home, we take our lunch to work, we eat well. None of the margerine or hydrogenated foods, no artificial sweetners or colors, just real food, real vegetables, hormone free meat (mine!), fresh eggs (from my chickens), fresh fish (from our pond), you get the picture...

If I can make it a couple of years longer, I won't be in those dreaded 40's anymore.

I'm pretty convinced that all their "risk factors" are pretty much a product of people doing "studies" on the government nickel. They have to find out something, or there's no more free money. If you read these studies, they very carefully state that the study "seems to indicate" that doing X "may" increase your risk for whatever. To me, that says that the study also "seems to indicate" that doing X "may NOT" increase blah blah blah.....

When I had my minor heart attack at 59, I had NONE of the risk factors going on. A friend of mine has extremely high cholesterol, and she's a vegetarian. I'm sure that if you eat Mcdonalds hamburgers and fries every meal, every day it probably isn't good for you. Same with smoking. But, if we stop to THINK about people we know that have heart problems, even that connection is unclear.

In my opinion, most studies seem to indicate that if you are alive, you have a 100% chance of dying. Enjoy it while you can. Smoke'em if you got'em.

We should eat the right food. This morning for breakfast i had two large smoked sausage sliced real thin and scrambled with four eggs and lots of cajun seasoning. Plenty of coffee and two large glasses of milk topped off with three Hostess Ding Dongs. :banana: :banana: :lol:
I went to the Doctor yesterday for a check up and blood pressure was 116 over 70.
Life is simple, work a lot, eat a lot, crap a lot, an take care of the short fat girls. :lol: :lol:

Aunt died 3 weeks ago-smoked,drank--late 90s

friend is vegan(allergic to all kinds of additives) high colorestol,low good colorestol,hasn't eaten an egg in 10 or more years..

I've been cutting, hauling, splitting and stacking next years fire wood. All by hand, brothers got a splitter, nope don't need it, some think I'm nutz :banana: :banana: I enjoy the workout. I'm sure glad I made it though the dangerous 30's and 40's. :cowboy:

lifestyle and diet..not too mention stress.... but im sure that theres drugs out there that will induce a stroke.......... the way folks act on meth, like their ready to blow a vessel any minute.

A buddy of mine had a stroke at 40 something. He'd been drinking and smoking and using drugs since he was 15. He's alive, but we'll support him the rest of his life. It's a waste, cause he could be a real good hand in his younger days, but he never advanced beyond day labor. See the second sentence.

Len Bias was a number one draft choice of the Boston Celtics. Hard to imagine anyone in better condition. Cocaine gave him an aneurism, or ruptured one in his brain. So, you just never know.

Someone above mentioned that the chance of death is 100% for all of us. I read a blogger who likes to take headlines from the news like "Going Vegan Reduces Chance of Death" and add "below 100% ?".

I had indigestion which mimicked a heart attack and I ended up spending 3 days eating my local hospital's version of "heart healthy" food. Yuck. Take me now. Please. My MD wanted me to take lipitor, even though my cholesterol is 120, same as my dad and grandad. He said it is good to lower it even more. I've heard about the side effects, and the cost, and I know too many people on too many prescription drugs. Yuck.

Since my birthday has passed again, people will no longer say "he was so young" at my funeral. :nod:

jk where did you get the info about a person having more of a chance of having a stroke after seeing a chiropractor?

Latest posts