Stressful Past Week

Help Support CattleToday:

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
The wives of one of the guys my husband deployed with had quickly become one of my best friends. So when she asked me if i could come help her out for the week after her surgery I obviously said yes. I was a little nervous because my dog has never been around kids under two and she has a 1 year old daughter and a three year old son. Of course she didn't think her recovery would be as difficult as it was, although i expected it and planned for it.

Day one consisted of crying kids cuz their mom wouldn't get out of bed and they were confused. Also consisted of me changing my first diapers in a few years and 2 hours of sleep due to giving her medicine and the baby crying. Luckily the next couple of days were better as the kids got used to me taking care of them. Luckily the dog dealt with the kids very well, i even caught the youngest climbing into his bed and playing with him and giving him a kiss on the nose. :heart: My only issue at this point was my friend trying to overdue it and the oldest not listening to me cuz she was out of bed. Thats not to mention the issue of the youngest crying every time i put her down, lol, she got attached to me fast. To the point where her mom said that she was more attached to me than grandparents and aunts. :D Guess I did something right.

Lol, that's what the hubby said too. I just hope I don't have deal with a lot of food allergies and adults that keep fainting because of their meds.

You'll have a whole different set of problems to work through( and maybe a few of the same). I promise. :D Nobody is able to cope with the insane demands of raising a family without flipping their lid except for MOM. :lol:

Got to see all 3 of them today (2 days later). The oldest got excited and started yelling for me when i walked up and the youngest got upset when i wouldn't pick her up. I ended up getting sick and didn't want to pass it to any of them.

The odd thing about it is children usually get attached to me very fast, it has even offended a couple parents in the past. Or the complete opposite, they are scared of me, which is understandable since I'm 6'00" and it confuses them.

Latest posts