Straws

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
When was the last time you saw a paper straw ? I can't remember. With all the hoopla over "plastic" straws I was trying to remember the last time I saw paper.

The wax on them made them burn like candles at times.

NonTypicalCPA":1p0k8bbr said:
The snowflakes keep at it and eventually they'll want to ban people due to our environmental impact.
Something definitely needs to be be done on the people side. A good place to start is "if you can't feed em, don't breed em"

True Grit Farms":2qo7tsz5 said:
NonTypicalCPA":2qo7tsz5 said:
The snowflakes keep at it and eventually they'll want to ban people due to our environmental impact.
Something definitely needs to be be done on the people side. A good place to start is "if you can't feed em, don't breed em"

Grit, you're forgetting the #1 rule: God will provide. And if he doesn't, or won't, the state will. Now, get to that quiver full!

Full disclosure: I have one child, and I waited until I and my wife were both gainfully employed to have him.

They ban straws and warn riders on BART (bay area rapid transit) to check their seats for needles before sitting down.

You must have really been craving coffee.....

I think the last time I used a paper straw, it was stuck in a little paper milk carton at the school lunch cafeteria.

backhoeboogie":1pwr1rmp said:
When was the last time you saw a paper straw ? I can't remember. With all the hoopla over "plastic" straws I was trying to remember the last time I saw paper.

With all our problems it's scary that this is what rises to the top.

Caustic Burno":2dej28po said:
backhoeboogie":2dej28po said:

With all our problems it's scary that this is what rises to the top.
scary,,but dang sure not surprising...

37993807_2014583658561980_4185410729047752704_n.jpg

Nesikep":231u5arw said:

At first I was speechless by the hypocrisy, then thought that is marketing to save the environment one less plastic straw at a time, er uh well a fraction less plastic

I think it is rather fitting.... a plastic straw has a paper wrapping most places but not all.... Dairy Queen has plastic straws, paper wrapping, as does Wendy's.... So now we will have paper straws in PLASTIC wrapping..... :hide: :? :???:

well thats starbucks for you, ill never go there. if all fast food places start doing that ill take like 25 drink lids out and throw them diractly in the trash every time i go haha

I was talking to an engineer at a large plastic production facility not long ago - he laughed as he said they could produce enough plastic for the worlds straws in like a shift or shift and a half. Its all just feel good horse pucky they're feeding the public.

I thought about baling up some straw and hauling it to Cali but they would stop you at the border and likely give you life in San Quentin.

Dave":23dedt3y said:
I thought about baling up some straw and hauling it to Cali but they would stop you at the border and likely give you life in San Quentin.
Life...with no chance of straw...

Latest posts