stranger in a foreign land

Help Support CattleToday:

rockridgecattle

Reaction score
that is what i felt like this weekend.
This week end, I took my hobby gone bad to an exhibit. It was a folk fest. I was thinking folk music, food, and vendors. What i saw was yes folk music food and vendors, but also a throw back to woodstock. People dressed in '60's and '70 garb, gypsies wanna bes, dredlock down to the small of the back on all walks of life, tatoos, leather marroon kilts...you name it i saw it. there were many of the new age...down on plastic bags, earthy, mother earth, types there. It was quite the sight.
My friend and i shared a booth, we are both christians but felt like strangers in a foreign land. Needless to say it was an interesting experience

TNMasterBeefProducer":3gxrndql said:
rockridgecattle":3gxrndql said:
This week end, I took my hobby gone bad to an exhibit. It was a folk fest. I was thinking folk music, food, and vendors. What i saw was yes folk music food and vendors, but also a throw back to woodstock. People dressed in '60's and '70 garb, gypsies wanna bes, dredlock down to the small of the back on all walks of life, tatoos, leather marroon kilts...you name it i saw it. there were many of the new age...down on plastic bags, earthy, mother earth, types there. It was quite the sight.
My friend and i shared a booth, we are both christians but felt like strangers in a foreign land. Needless to say it was an interesting experience

I always knowed canadians were weird since i dated a girl once from canada. Now this just confirms my suspicions.

Based on what I am seeing, I would think you TNMasterBater should be the next President of the US of A!

TNMasterBeefProducer":2r2t3q72 said:
I think I would do better than "I want to cut his nuts off" Obama or Geriatric McCain

You got my support and I am sure R-calf would kick in millions to further your campaign!

From what I see you are the best of the best USA wise.!

Go for it!

rockridgecattle":2ali762l said:

Well, you can chalk it up to something you've never seen or done before, something you can make conversation about, and something you'll know to get a lot of info on before you ever do it again.

Did you have fun? Did you make any money? It wasn't a total waste of time, was it?

Alice :)

Yes, I did have fun. Fun people watching but also fun meeting new people and telling them about my product. We got rained out on Saturday. But the people who were there had fun. Rain slickers everywhere. By Saturday night all the vendors were discouraged. Some merchandise got wet, and ruined. I had things get wet but beeswax can repell water. The sales were not even enough to make the booth, let alone the gas and food or cover the eexpenses of making their product. Sunday we were so busy that when 6 pm came we thought it was noon cause we were hungry. Some of us stayed open past the time allowed to make a few extra sales. Would i do it again...I think i would, but i am still at the exhausted not thinking straight part and I need to "sleep" for a week first.
It was an interesting experience, an eye opener to what was out there. I have to remember...in my book...paper bags to wrap up the sales. :D . I'm thinking of going that way any how but i wanted to use up the bag stock first. But you can get 1/2dozen plastic bags for 1 paper bag.
this sale openned doors to other sales and to some wholesalers interested in carrying my products as well. The networking was great.

rockridgecattle":1gx6qulu said:
Yes, I did have fun. Fun people watching but also fun meeting new people and telling them about my product. We got rained out on Saturday. But the people who were there had fun. Rain slickers everywhere. By Saturday night all the vendors were discouraged. Some merchandise got wet, and ruined. I had things get wet but beeswax can repell water. The sales were not even enough to make the booth, let alone the gas and food or cover the eexpenses of making their product. Sunday we were so busy that when 6 pm came we thought it was noon cause we were hungry. Some of us stayed open past the time allowed to make a few extra sales. Would i do it again...I think i would, but i am still at the exhausted not thinking straight part and I need to "sleep" for a week first.
It was an interesting experience, an eye opener to what was out there. I have to remember...in my book...paper bags to wrap up the sales. :D . I'm thinking of going that way any how but i wanted to use up the bag stock first. But you can get 1/2dozen plastic bags for 1 paper bag.
this sale openned doors to other sales and to some wholesalers interested in carrying my products as well. The networking was great.

Wooohooo! There ya' go! I admire you doing something like this...wish I had the talent and motivation.

Alice

rockridgecattle":1ccn37m3 said:

I know how you felt. My friend had the Allman Brothers play at his birthday party one Saturday. I've always been a fan and it sounded like fun. When I pulled up to the farm it was like I had been pulled back into time to Woodstock. Have no idea where these folks came from but they weren't locals. Seems they must have attended your exhibit after the party.

rockridgecattle":1vcs8vub said:

I think I know exactly how you felt. I just keep telling myself that as a Christian, the world is not really my home (final destination). I don't think I'm supposed to feel real comfortable with some of the stuff here.

I don;t see the stuff that you saw, but I feel like a stranger in a foreign land whenever I go to town.

dun":l0z3gd5u said:
I don;t see the stuff that you saw, but I feel like a stranger in a foreign land whenever I go to town.

That's because you're the only Polish one there!

cfpinz":368co033 said:
dun":368co033 said:

That's because you're the only Polish one there!

I figured it was cause I was the only normal one.

TNMasterBeefProducer":eq5y8sbz said:
rockridgecattle":eq5y8sbz said:

I always knowed canadians were weird since i dated a girl once from canada. Now this just confirms my suspicions.

Not just in Canada. I got a forestry degree in college and that type was all I saw. They called me the "timberbeast". Everyone of them reaked of petrule (sp?) and dope. Smelled like someone crapped out a Christmas tree and set it on fire. I never smoked anything but I'm surprised I made it through with my perpetual contact high.

rockridgecattle":1ognw0cr said:

Give them $.50 off their purchase if they have their own free-trade woven hemp fiber shopping bag.

Latest posts