Strange year

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
This year for some reason the deer are not feeding on the WW or clover as they usually do. They're feeding on fescue! Everyone I've talked to about it have noticed the same thing. Even the dairy with alfalfa fields aren;t having a problem with the deer in the alfalfa as they usually do. Maybe they're keeping th good stuff till winter gets bad.

The deer have been about normal for the temps in our fields. No "real snow" yet but plenty of cold days and nights back to back.

So far this season we have got (these numbers are my 3 girls, my wife, and me); 2 turkeys, 30 does, and 160 rabbits. I have one more chest freezer to fill and we will be done.

Most of the deer have been right on the edge of the alfalfa clover field and the woods.

dun":kwp60mjj said:
This year for some reason the deer are not feeding on the WW or clover as they usually do. They're feeding on fescue! Everyone I've talked to about it have noticed the same thing. Even the dairy with alfalfa fields aren;t having a problem with the deer in the alfalfa as they usually do. Maybe they're keeping th good stuff till winter gets bad.
Down here they are in the feilds and eating all the clover around the fescue also haven't been hitting the rye or alfalfa much I think it is becasue of all the acorns this yr

Latest posts