Strange things we see!

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I drive a lot. See some strange things on the highways. Let's list a few.
Friday on I-81 in VA I seen a VDOT truck and workers working on an exit sign. They had a crash truck that should help keep them from getting hit. The idea is whatever would hit the back of the crash truck and the piece behind the truck will fold with the impact. Well the crash truck was in front of the sign truck with the crash part raised up in carry position.
Also on I-81 a sign that said all traffic traveling less than 70mph should stay in the right lane. But speed limit is 70 so does that mean that everyone should drive in the right lane and if your in the left lane you get a ticket for either being there or for speeding?
Let's hear.more of those you see.

I was on my way to Nashville about 12 years ago (I remember the day because it was the day McCain announced Palin as his running mate). I had just passed the Lebanon exit when a van entered the on-ramp one care in front of me. In about a quarter-mile, multiple tractor-trailers surrounded my group of cars along with the van, one in front, two or three to the side and one behind. The trucks brought us all to a complete stop.

About that time 10-12 police cars came flying in and multiple officers came running past my truck with guns and long arms drawn and descended on the van. I would like to say I stuck around to see what it was all about, but I was just a wee bit concerned about stray gunfire (heck I was really scared to death), so I pulled into the grass and went around all of them and got the hell out of there! I didn't get to see the Nashville news that night because I was at a dinner meeting so I don't know what it was all about.

Also on I-81 a sign that said all traffic traveling less than 70mph should stay in the right lane. But speed limit is 70 so does that mean that everyone should drive in the right lane and if your in the left lane you get a ticket for either being there or for speeding?
Let's hear.more of those you see.

They need to word that sign better. Here they say "Left Lane for Passing Only" . . . and you can get pulled over for staying in the left lane.

Old topic but seen a few strange things.
Im hauling fuel on a hurricane recovery to Perry FL. Lots of damage there.
This morning I seen a heifer and a young bull walking up the center of the highway. I blocked the road and put them in a driveway to get them off the road. As soon as i pulled out they went right back to the middle of the highway and headed east just like they knew where they were going. Made me think of Dave's cows coming home.
Another strange thing i doubt many have seen. Im delivering diesel 2 times a day and filling up a generator thats powering a Mobile Morgue. Looks like a big insulated tent. They said there was 6 dead people inside. I didn't ask to see.