Strange Questions

Help Support CattleToday:

Schnurrbart":2fvoqyic said:
Chris H":2fvoqyic said:
Herefords were the breed of choice in some taste test of chefs. I'll try to find the test.
I have read the test results from a test at a midwestern University a few years ago which was never published and was commissioned by the big black breed assoc. comparing their breed in a taste and tenderness test to Tarentaise steers. The results were not to their liking hence the non-published data but the owner of the Tarentaise steers got the results since he supplied those cattle. Overwhelming in favor of the Tarentaise.

Are you saying Herefords AREN'T the breed of choice of chefs? How can it be that two different groups have different opinions on "best" beef? :eek:

Frankie":2fu82p82 said:
Schnurrbart":2fu82p82 said:
Chris H":2fu82p82 said:
Herefords were the breed of choice in some taste test of chefs. I'll try to find the test.
I have read the test results from a test at a midwestern University a few years ago which was never published and was commissioned by the big black breed assoc. comparing their breed in a taste and tenderness test to Tarentaise steers. The results were not to their liking hence the non-published data but the owner of the Tarentaise steers got the results since he supplied those cattle. Overwhelming in favor of the Tarentaise.

Are you saying Herefords AREN'T the breed of choice of chefs? How can it be that two different groups have different opinions on "best" beef? :eek:

No, actually all I am saying is that in a test conducted by one university that was paid for by the black breed assoc. favored the opposition. I dare say that if the chefs didn't watch the steer walk in and watch through the entire processing and onto their grills, they don't know what they ate. Same as with all the millions of people who eat beef.

Latest posts