Strange phone call

Help Support CattleToday:

few yrs back i caught some poachers on my land.they started apolagizing and offering 2 pay but i did'nt say a word i just dropped em where they stood with my 9mm.i then gutted them and hung them from a tree.have not had any more poachers since.

piedmontese":2ancywtf said:
few yrs back i caught some poachers on my land.they started apolagizing and offering 2 pay but i did'nt say a word i just dropped em where they stood with my 9mm.i then gutted them and hung them from a tree.have not had any more poachers since.

Don't string us along like that. Let's see the pictures. Surely you got some pictues of that.

3waycross":5szm7bh6 said:
That's pretty cheeky putting in a food plot on your land. Is it well posted. Could they be thinking it's someone else's land?

Its posted at the gate and from the locked gate you have to go about a quarter mile through the woods to the hayfield but this won't stop people on four wheelers playing Rambo. I removed the deer stand with a track hoe. Tree and all. Just wish I could have been a fly on the wall when he tried to find his deer stand the next time he went hunting.

A few years ago, me and four other guys were duck hunting on a relative's place that we've been hunting as long as I can remember. We have a blind that I helped build when I was a kid 30 some odd years ago. There were some guys that came up in a boat not far from us and set up and started hunting. We were killing a few ducks and they were too, but no one wanted to quit hunting to go run them off. At about 10A.M. as the ducks had just about quit flying, we decided we would walk over and tell these guys they were on posted land which they had to know already because the lines are clearly marked. Well when we got there, these guys had one heck of a setup, and had broken out the stove and started cooking breakfast. Man it smelled good. We started out the conversation with how good the hunting was and so on, and finally they invited us to eat with them and we did. After we ate and drank most all of their coffee, I said do you guys know you are hunting posted land, and one of them said yea we knew it and we also knew y'all were coming over to run us off, but since y'all weren't an ass about it, we couldn't be either. We stood around and talked some more and they left and I have never seen them since.

One cold Saturday I heard a shotgun firing in the woods behind my house. I went out to investigate and found a guy from the subdivision on the other side of the woods with his dog shooting woodcock. I explained to him that I didn't allow hunting and asked that he leave.
Fast forward 24 hrs---
Sunday afternoon, I hear boom, boom. Go out to investigate and find the same guy shooting woodcock. I asked him if he understood what I had told him the day before. He stated "I thought you just meant yesterday".
After I gave him the full explanation he left and I haven't seen him since. Told him that I was the only one that hunted that plot, and I had a bad habit of shooting at the first thing that moved!

Jogeephus":32wb7i7t said:
3waycross":32wb7i7t said:
That's pretty cheeky putting in a food plot on your land. Is it well posted. Could they be thinking it's someone else's land?

Its posted at the gate and from the locked gate you have to go about a quarter mile through the woods to the hayfield but this won't stop people on four wheelers playing Rambo. I removed the deer stand with a track hoe. Tree and all. Just wish I could have been a fly on the wall when he tried to find his deer stand the next time he went hunting.

Rarely does vengence rise to the level of art. Cutting YOUR tree, on your land and crunching a poacher's deer stand in the process. I hope it was an expensive deer stand, and you got some money for the tree. But even if you had to pay for the track hoe and you'll never get it back, it still had to be sweet.

no doubt a conniving hunter, either turkey hunter or deer they come up with alot of stories.

Talked to a guy I know. He told me about one place he worked where they had hay coming up missing. So they took one of those old horse drawn harrows, cut it down to size and buried it points up so the theif could go in fine but have flat tires coming out. they caught the guy.

Hubby suggested doing the same thing, but I don't know if these guys are coming down the road or are walking in.

bbirder some of those hunters are dumb. Ran into one myself. :roll:

Upfrombottom, that's is a good way to resolve what could have been a sticky situation. I gotta wonder why people do stuff like this when they know better.

John, I was building a pond at the time so I had the track hoe about a mile from there. It did cost me a little money but plucking the tree out of the field with the tree stand in it and toting it over to the side of the field and tossing it in the brush was one of those priceless feelings we sometimes need to feel vindicated if you know what I mean. Unfortunately it was an expensive stand just a tree house type thing he built in the tree. It would have sat about three hunters though.