strange people

Help Support CattleToday:

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, I got you now. Those are Frisco/Portlandia Certified Free-Range Open Grown Penless Raised Organic eggs. Worth every bit of $20/egg.

Jogeephus":3dcyaj4l said:
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH, I got you now. Those are Frisco/Portlandia Certified Free-Range Open Grown Penless Raised Organic eggs. Worth every bit of $20/egg.

Dang! I'll be able to retire again in a couple more years! Thanks!

Jogeephus":20yjdhir said:
chippie":20yjdhir said:
I tell them that they eat what they find, and I don't know how you would classify bugs.

After watching the movie Antz, I learned that insects have feelings too and this is why I won't eat bugs and stuff.

BTW - Its easy to tell if your eggs are organic cause they will be brown. Vegan eggs are blue and if they drink antibiotics and fed a steady diet of steroids they are white. I don't know why people are so easily swayed by misinformation on the internet cause its all so simple to me.

Oh, and a strict organic grass diet makes the calves have white faces and people need to pay more for these type calves. A lot more.

I am sorry but you are wrong about white eggs. All eggs are naturally brown and the commercial egg producers bleach them white.
smileyvault-rolleyes.gif

:lol2: :lol2: :clap: That's good Chippie! These mean old egg producers just can't leave well enough alone can they.

I've tried the free range thing with my chickens. Lots cheaper on the feed but I went from 13 chickens down to 1 pile of feathers in three weeks. Now I confine them and I have chickens that are pushing 2 years old now and I think they appreciate the safety of their enclosure. Actually have too many at the moment and am thinking of letting them go free range for a few days to get the numbers down. Or would that be cruel? Its wouldn't be the same as dumping a box of kittens on the highway but the end result would be the same would it not?

slick4591":27ssxgvl said:
I think you just pointed out that my chickens can make me rich. So, what are my chocolate ones indicative of?

Your political correctness. :nod: Your customers can show the world how colorblind they really are by buying eggs in every shade from white leghorn to cuckoo maran and even the auracunas are okay... as long as they aren't to flighty and don't fight with the nice birds. :nod:

chippie":1yhi7cbl said:
To quote one crazy lady at the Farmers' Market, "Those aren't chicken eggs. I don't know who you are trying to fool. Chicken eggs are white."
Unless you're a Mexican. :nod: My wife used to sell more dark brown eggs, chickens, and turkeys to Mexican customers than all of her other sales combined. They won't take a white bird for free but they'll pay twice what the bird is worth for a brown or black one.

cow pollinater":3upn0x2l said:
Your political correctness. :nod: Your customers can show the world how colorblind they really are by buying eggs in every shade from white leghorn to cuckoo maran and even the auracunas are okay... as long as they aren't to flighty and don't fight with the nice birds. :nod:

Now you gone and done it! I don't have any white layers, so now I gotta be adding some to my flock. I'm sending you the bill! :lol:

slick4591":31i58eiu said:
cow pollinater":31i58eiu said:

Now you gone and done it! I don't have any white layers, so now I gotta be adding some to my flock. I'm sending you the bill! :lol:

EEEEEASY on the white layers... The point of multiculturalism is to just kind of tolerate a white one or two and glorify the rest of them. I'd recommend something like a regular old brown leghorn as aposed to the pearl white commercial hens. To pull it off you really need the white eggs to be a little lesser in quality and the pearl whites can really crank out top notch stuff so they won't work for your situation. ;-)