Strange people

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
Setting at airport this morning for a business trip, small regional airport but there is plenty of weird . Purple hair, a guy that looks like he just shoved everything in a bag and brief case has papers hanging out while closed. Nice young lady keeps smiling at me , and one couple I spoke too acted like I mugged them just by saying hello.

In 2018..you spoke to strangers? Oh my lawdy goodness!! That's akin to running with scissors nowadays.
You'll probably be sued for some kind of sexual harassment by the lady that smiles at you....Keep it up..you'll be on the no-fly list before long..
Such is America today.

M-5":23mzfpi5 said:
Setting at airport this morning for a business trip, small regional airport but there is plenty of weird . Purple hair, a guy that looks like he just shoved everything in a bag and brief case has papers hanging out while closed. Nice young lady keeps smiling at me , and one couple I spoke too acted like I mugged them just by saying hello.

That purple hair thing comes from Sesame Street. People are now trying to emulate their childhood idols, the muppet characters.

greybeard":gzuat2wt said:
In 2018..you spoke to strangers? Oh my lawdy goodness!! That's akin to running with scissors nowadays.
You'll probably be sued for some kind of sexual harassment by the lady that smiles at you....Keep it up..you'll be on the no-fly list before long..
Such is America today.
Your saying I should not say baby doll, Honey , darling and sweetie out loud.

You think that's weird. Try sitting at a bus stop in any large cities for a few hours! You will see a lot! I seen a guy who had every thing he owned in 2 suit cases and then got robbed (talk about a bad day) I seen I guy who had all his belongings in a shoe box and another guy who had all his belongings in a crown royal bag! Oh and had a nice guy offer us some marijuana! I could go on about the interesting things I seen but I don't want to write a book here :lol:

M-5":3eg8wts6 said:
one couple I spoke too acted like I mugged them just by saying hello.

I would have recoiled, too. Just saying.

Civility seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur.

I'm from rural Ky, and I have some relatives staying in Atlanta for several weeks for medical reasons. They talk about how friendly everyone is there. They stress that it's not just at the medical facility, but anywhere they go down there is friendly. He said he would much rather drive in Atlanta than Nashville or Louisville. Although traffic was heavy at times, he said drivers just didn't seem as crazy and aggressive there. I must say, I was shocked.

herofan":1ocdzw76 said:
I'm from rural Ky, and I have some relatives staying in Atlanta for several weeks for medical reasons. They talk about how friendly everyone is there. They stress that it's not just at the medical facility, but anywhere they go down there is friendly. He said he would much rather drive in Atlanta than Nashville or Louisville. Although traffic was heavy at times, he said drivers just didn't seem as crazy and aggressive there. I must say, I was shocked.
Im shocked too...driving in hotlanta is like being in 20th place at Talladega..

I recently had occasion to watch people at the arrival area of the Greater Cincinnati Airport (actually in Boone County, KY). Saw a couple of odd characters but everyone was in acceptable casual attire and normal.

If you want to see strange - go to a Walmart in the poorer rural areas. Strange takes on a new meaning when hillbilly kids try to emulate the pop culture.

Bright Raven":19h6bmfa said:
I recently had occasion to watch people at the arrival area of the Greater Cincinnati Airport (actually in Boone County, KY). Saw a couple of odd characters but everyone was in acceptable casual attire and normal.

If you want to see strange - go to a Walmart in the poorer rural areas. Strange takes on a new meaning when hillbilly kids try to emulate the pop culture.

...and when their parents try to do the same thing it can get real ugly real quick.

Rafter S":2m4zya8b said:
Bright Raven":2m4zya8b said:

...and when their parents try to do the same thing it can get real ugly real quick.

You got that right. I don't have to look any further than some of the local folks on Facebook.

M-5":6nwx701q said:
greybeard":6nwx701q said:
Such is America today.
People say that alllll the time around here. It's weird when someone half my age calls me Hun.

I am probably the weird guy, I dress the same as I did in 1960 , boots ,wranglers, wrangler snap shirt and 4 " brim hat. Hardley ever see anyone dressed like me especially when I go to Doctor in Austin. :cboy:

TCRanch":5rurkpqj said:
M-5":5rurkpqj said:
greybeard":5rurkpqj said:
Such is America today.
People say that alllll the time around here. It's weird when someone half my age calls me Hun.
If I say Hun I'm probably talking to a cow! :lol:

TCRanch":1klhg38f said:
M-5":1klhg38f said:
greybeard":1klhg38f said:
Such is America today.
Below Birmingham its shuga...aka """sugar""""

ALACOWMAN":2jmvfdij said:
TCRanch":2jmvfdij said:
M-5":2jmvfdij said:
Below Birmingham its shuga...aka """sugar""""
Mother in law is from Pisgah/upper AL and calls me Lil' Darlin'.

Latest posts