Strange people

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":1fmkhole said:
ALACOWMAN":1fmkhole said:
TCRanch":1fmkhole said:
People say that alllll the time around here. It's weird when someone half my age calls me Hun.
Below Birmingham its shuga...aka """sugar""""
Mother in law is from Pisgah/upper AL and calls me Lil' Darlin'.
Sand Mt. In the same county Im in.pretty area...

cowboy43":1f79kw8d said:
I am probably the weird guy, I dress the same as I did in 1960 , boots ,wranglers, wrangler snap shirt and 4 " brim hat. Hardley ever see anyone dressed like me especially when I go to Doctor in Austin. :cboy:

Human behavior interests me. You say yourself that you may be the weird one according to the way you dress, and that you hardly ever see anyone dressed like you. My question is, what drives a person to dress exactly the same for 58 years even though you admit it may appear weird? Is it just something that worked in 1960, and then it just became something you didn't think about, or are there times when you think, "this looks good."

I can apply this to myself. I grew a mustache in the 80s. Mustaches were in at the time. The thing is, I still have it, and I often wonder why. Am I walking around thinking it looks good? I hope not. Why do I have hair growing out of my lip for 35 years.

Son of Butch":2am25qjs said:
cowboy43":2am25qjs said:
I dress the same as I did in 1960, boots, wranglers, wrangler snap shirt and 4 " brim hat.
Jerry Seinfeld's theory was most males get stuck in the fashion of the decade that each considered as their prime.

Hmm, maybe some truth to that. Any tendency women may have to do that probably gets a bit more social approbation. Cue Harper Valley PTA :lol:

M-5":2tjzc07w said:
Well my venture continues as I fly back from the other Florida to real Florida this morning. Heading to airport now where I will see lots of strange people that I can't understand .

Jogeephus reminds me all the time - Ron, don't confuse Florida with Georgia.

greybeard":ggljnwbd said:
Why do I have hair growing out of my lip for 35 years.
Why would any male shave off something that grows naturally?

If the rule was to leave something alone because it grew naturally, I'd probably look like a Sasquatch, and I really dont care for that look. I guess I was raised on the "clean cut" philosophy for one thing.

Well, I had to shave everyday for about 9 years straight in military..didn't care much for it then and don't now either.

ez14.":1a34p47o said:
You think that's weird. Try sitting at a bus stop in any large cities for a few hours! You will see a lot! I seen a guy who had every thing he owned in 2 suit cases and then got robbed (talk about a bad day) I seen I guy who had all his belongings in a shoe box and another guy who had all his belongings in a crown royal bag! Oh and had a nice guy offer us some marijuana! I could go on about the interesting things I seen but I don't want to write a book here :lol:

I have always wanted to ride a city bus around the capital here Richmond and experience it but I don't understand the bus route and my luck get dropped off somewhere I really shouldn't be get robbed and have to walk home without shoes or clothes.

cowboy43":2jt9ttoc said:
I am probably the weird guy, I dress the same as I did in 1960 , boots ,wranglers, wrangler snap shirt and 4 " brim hat. Hardley ever see anyone dressed like me especially when I go to Doctor in Austin. :cboy:
If it ain't broke-don't fix it.

I worked for 22 years in Olympia, Washington. No shortage of strange people. What is it with state capitals and strange people?

skyhightree1":16em849p said:
ez14.":16em849p said:
You think that's weird. Try sitting at a bus stop in any large cities for a few hours! You will see a lot! I seen a guy who had every thing he owned in 2 suit cases and then got robbed (talk about a bad day) I seen I guy who had all his belongings in a shoe box and another guy who had all his belongings in a crown royal bag! Oh and had a nice guy offer us some marijuana! I could go on about the interesting things I seen but I don't want to write a book here :lol:

I have always wanted to ride a city bus around the capital here Richmond and experience it but I don't understand the bus route and my luck get dropped off somewhere I really shouldn't be get robbed and have to walk home without shoes or clothes.

The Michigan capital (Lansing) is where I almost got robbed but that was just at the bus station. Seems like most of the bus stations where in the shady side of town

Latest posts