Strange Event

Help Support CattleToday:

HOSS

Reaction score
Saturday late evening I was on the back side of the farm checking the fence line when I saw a state trooper with his lights on go down the rural back road that does not border my property but it can be seen through the trees and across a field. He was evidently chasing somebody. He had them cornered in an old abandoned farm house and was trying to convince them to come out peacefully and nobody would have to get hurt. After 10 minutes of listening to him talking to them via intercom I figured he wasn't getting very far. The thought went through my head that all that these boys had to do was run out of the house and across the field, cross my fence and be near the house. My wife and kids were up at the house by themselves. I used my cell phone to call my wife and told her to shut and lock all the doors and to not open them for anybody but me. About this time they must have made a break for it as they went to another house about 300 yards down the road and stole a 4 wheeler. I heard the trooper chasing them. I headed back to my truck which was parked on a tractor path that leads to my back gate because I had an AR-15 rifle in there and I sure didnt want these boys to get it . When I got to the truck I could hear a 4 wheeler coming through the woods on the property that borders my back line. I heard the 4 wheeler stop and my back gate rattled as someone tried to break the chain and lock on it. I heard them cussing and then climb over the gate. By this time I had reached my truck and removed my AR-15. I stayed on the off-side of the truck for shielding. Two guys come down the tractor path and saw my truck. They made a bee-line for it and had almost reached the drivers side door when I stepped out with the AR-15. I made them lie on the ground face down in the chigger / tick filled weeds while I called 911. The trooper and county boys that had come in as back-up had to go all the way around and come in the front of the farm as per the directions that I gave the 911 dispatcher. Anyway these two guys were hopped up on meth and one couldn't even sit still for 2 seconds......he almost got shot because he wouldn't stay lying face down. The police drove down and cuffed them. Upon searching them one of these guys had a 10" butcher knife stuck in his sock. The county cop was telling him he was lucky to be alive and that he should thank me for not shooting him. He was so hopped up it didn't register. I don't think I would have shot them if I saw the butcher knife in his sock but if it had been pulled out I would have shot with no question. It appears that these guys were cooking meth in an old van, someone reported it and the trooper came out to look. They ran into the old house. This meth stuff really steals peoples minds.....what a scurge it is.

Its a good thing you were there or someone could have been hurt. As for you taking their lives had they pulled the knife, I don't think that would have been possible as meth had already taken their lives. Good thinking on your part. :tiphat:

You just never know what people are thinking (or perhaps not thinking). It's just good to have a friend like AR15 around when you need him.

Thanks for getting the scum off the streets!

Things do seem to happen in middle Tennessee don't they? After living in my house for 5 years, we've had one man beat to death on the fron porch of the neighbor's house, another beat to deat across the field at the highway, and a convict caught about 2 miles from me after escaping prison. And that's just what I know about. Another neighbor had two barn fires in one year, but we think they were regular fires, but you never know with the group we have around our neighborhood.

I commend you on your courage. Your whole thought process was really responsible concidering the situation. You might have saved another from these DIRT BAGS. Won't forget that experience....will you?

Good Job!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HOSS":tflwiei2 said:
Saturday late evening I was on the back side of the farm checking the fence line when I saw a state trooper with his lights on go down the rural back road that does not border my property but it can be seen through the trees and across a field. He was evidently chasing somebody. He had them cornered in an old abandoned farm house and was trying to convince them to come out peacefully and nobody would have to get hurt. After 10 minutes of listening to him talking to them via intercom I figured he wasn't getting very far. The thought went through my head that all that these boys had to do was run out of the house and across the field, cross my fence and be near the house. My wife and kids were up at the house by themselves. I used my cell phone to call my wife and told her to shut and lock all the doors and to not open them for anybody but me. About this time they must have made a break for it as they went to another house about 300 yards down the road and stole a 4 wheeler. I heard the trooper chasing them. I headed back to my truck which was parked on a tractor path that leads to my back gate because I had an AR-15 rifle in there and I sure didnt want these boys to get it . When I got to the truck I could hear a 4 wheeler coming through the woods on the property that borders my back line. I heard the 4 wheeler stop and my back gate rattled as someone tried to break the chain and lock on it. I heard them cussing and then climb over the gate. By this time I had reached my truck and removed my AR-15. I stayed on the off-side of the truck for shielding. Two guys come down the tractor path and saw my truck. They made a bee-line for it and had almost reached the drivers side door when I stepped out with the AR-15. I made them lie on the ground face down in the chigger / tick filled weeds while I called 911. The trooper and county boys that had come in as back-up had to go all the way around and come in the front of the farm as per the directions that I gave the 911 dispatcher. Anyway these two guys were hopped up on meth and one couldn't even sit still for 2 seconds......he almost got shot because he wouldn't stay lying face down. The police drove down and cuffed them. Upon searching them one of these guys had a 10" butcher knife stuck in his sock. The county cop was telling him he was lucky to be alive and that he should thank me for not shooting him. He was so hopped up it didn't register. I don't think I would have shot them if I saw the butcher knife in his sock but if it had been pulled out I would have shot with no question. It appears that these guys were cooking meth in an old van, someone reported it and the trooper came out to look. They ran into the old house. This meth stuff really steals peoples minds.....what a scurge it is.

I

HerefordSire":2z0dhc6i said:
alacattleman":2z0dhc6i said:
HerefordSire":2z0dhc6i said:
Good story Hoss. What did you learn?
sounds more like he did the teachin' ,,, and they did the learnin'
:cowboy:

What was he teaching Bammy?

For the meth heads:

That cooking meth, running from the law, stealing 4 wheelers, tresspassing and carrying a loaded butcher knife when loaded can get you killed.

For myself:

Those without a weapon in my same situation would probably have been butchered, their truck stolen and possible their family killed. My weapons are my American Express Card......I never leave home withou it.

What was he teaching Bammy?[/quote]

For the meth heads:

That cooking meth, running from the law, stealing 4 wheelers, tresspassing and carrying a loaded butcher knife when loaded can get you killed.

For myself:

Those without a weapon in my same situation would probably have been butchered, their truck stolen and possible their family killed. My weapons are my American Express Card......I never leave home withou it.[/quote] how could you learn something you already knew, your natural defence and safety for your family kicked in automatically from what i read in your first post :cowboy:

That's some experience you had there. Glad you and your family are Ok. Like you said, It could have been bad if you weren't prepared to defend yourself and your family.

Wow! Scary! I'm glad you had the mind to call your wife. My mother's family all live in Bokchito, OK and it used to be that every time someone broke out in McAlister they would come down the state hiway and hide out in someone's barn. It was kinda like a drill that everyone knew what to do whenever someone broke out. Get the kids inside, lock the doors, put away your nice things you don't want stolen... Had some holed up in the barn at the farm next to Granny's house once. Of course we didn't know they were there until the law came around.

Glad you are okay.

Good job. It will make them think twice before they come back. But then again they may not even remember where they were. Bet they don't forget AR-15 though.

Good job Hoss. You'd certainly be a good neighbor to have. I wish I had one like you on all 4 sides of my place.

Makes you think, doesn't it? I heard that Tn. is the number 2 state for meth labs. Kentucky has it's fair share. also. It just doesn't pay nowadays to go unprotected. Do you have alot of those characters in your part of the country?

Good job....thing of it is,if they do remember anything,it'll be all YOUR FAULT they were caught! They were toooo smart to have been caught otherwise.. Please keep up with these guys,find out when they get out. I think there's a web site for that.

kenny thomas":1x2wlzw1 said:
Good job. It will make them think twice before they come back. But then again they may not even remember where they were. Bet they don't forget AR-15 though.

They will probably most remember the laser dot appearing on their chests. I have one mounted to the picatiny rail under the barrel.

mermill2":1jfweco6 said:
Makes you think, doesn't it? I heard that Tn. is the number 2 state for meth labs. Kentucky has it's fair share. also. It just doesn't pay nowadays to go unprotected. Do you have alot of those characters in your part of the country?

Yes we have a big meth problem. My farm is within a mile of the start of the cumberland mountains. It used to be shine then marijuanna that came out of there. Now it is meth. Those boys were born rough, raised rougher and are mostly downright mean.

Latest posts