Strange Business

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":3ikacqs4 said:
Bball, both seem the same to me. Just tingles all the time.

Rafter and Houston, they ain't cutting on me no more. Now lets get back to the important thing, why that hand won't work the phone? ;-)
The technical answer and medical explanation can be found here

I too had a bone spur and bulging disc affecting the nerves in my arm and hand. Very small scar in the crease of my neck, outpatient surgery, and never looked back. They put in an artificial disc, ground down the bone spur, pined and plated it back together, and I left pain free and stayed that way. It was honestly the quickest and simplest surgery I have ever dealt with! Wish I hadn't waited so long to do it. Instant relief from years of pain.

Jo, I ain't no doctor and I don't want to sound geeky but … There are three major technologies used in touch screens for phones (or tablets), SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave), capacitive and resistive. SAW and capacitive should not be affected by changes in body chemistry or electrical influence. Resistive can and will be affected. As we age, for what ever reason, the moisture in our skin dries up and we lose the ability to do a variety of things like turning the page of a book or opening jars or …. Human skin is really not a very good conductor of electricity and becomes less of a conductor (more resistive) when dry and if your phone uses resistive technology on the touch screen it will become less functional as the skin dries. Try getting your hand wet, dry it off and then try to operate your phone. I will be interested to see if this guess is correct.

If all else fails get yourself a stylus and carry it in your pocket. You can use it to control your phone touch screen instead of your fingers. Also, don't try to use the touch screen immediately after palpating your cattle. Cow poop is not good for the phone either. :shock:

Lava, geeky is fine because I'm really curious. My phone won't work if my hands are sweaty which has always been a complaint of mine with this phone. Washing and drying worked in past but not with this particular hand at the moment. Of course turning pages with a book is nearly impossible with this hand at the moment.

Jo, what kind of phone do you have? Maybe I can do some research and come up with something that makes a little sense. I mentioned the three major technologies but maybe one of the lesser known techniques (such as heat activated) is what your phone uses. If this is the case I would recommend you go see a cardiologist ASAP. I think BBALL may have been alluding to this.

Jogeephus said:
:bang: :bang: :bang: Ya'll sound like my wife. :lol2: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I just need an Obamma phone and then all will be good.[/quote

Yep, get one with velcro that will stick beside your ear. That way when you can't hold the phone anymore, you'll still be able to function..... somewhat

Latest posts