Strange Business

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I have had neck problems for some years now. Doctors want to operate but I don't want them touching me again and have muddled through thanks to a good chiropractor whose health is now failing so I haven't been able to pay him a visit. If left unattended I will lose use of my right arm completely and I feel it getting progressively worse each day. For the past month or so my arm has felt like it is "asleep" and it constantly tingling day and night. I've lost much of the feeling in my hand and have lost some use of it and am dropping things or grabbing them too tightly because I no longer have good feeling in my hand and fingers.

Didn't start this thread to whine about myself but wanting to share something that is really weird about all this. I can no longer answer my cell phone with my right hand because apparantly the touch pad somehow doesn't recognize the touch of my fingers. I'm thinking this tingling feeling is too much voltage going through my nerves or something and the touch pad picks up on this. Its pretty frustrating because this is the hand I use to answer the phone and if I do use the right hand more often than not the hand "shorts" the phone out. Phone works fine if I answer with my left but if I short it with my right then it will not recognize my left hand either and I have to shut the phone down to reboot it so it will start working again. Strange business I think.

Now I don't know if what I've said is completely right its all based off my observations but I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with the phone because its fairly new and I have the same problem with the touchpad on a computer. Anyhow, I saw this video about charging a phone with the human body. Assuming this isn't some prank video do you think this could be what's going on with my phone or is it all just coincidence? Just wondering and trying to sort out a puzzle I find interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOBnIXNzfI

Jo, I get to where I can't feel two of my fingers on my breeding arm every two weeks or so and have lots of tingling sensations and numbness. A couple of beestings on my elbow and shoulder will get me back to normal within an hour or two. :nod: My wife's chiropractor told me that was better than anything he could do for me and would offer that himself if having bees on hand in his office was a viable option.

Jo, 5 or 6 years ago I woke up one morning and it felt lke I had a crick in my neck. Three days later my right shoulder had started hurting. Then my arm and hand did exactly what your describing. Eventually my arm went numb. I couldn't even pick up a pencil. The only feeling was a burning sensation on the back of my hand. I was going to doctors and chiropractor. After three month's my right arm was noticeably smaller than my left. Chiropractor was doing no good and doctors couldn't operate and fix it. Its was something in my neck. I really don't understand what. Something to do with a chemical getting on my nerve. A spinal doctor finally gave me a shot of something in my spine. I've been fine every since. Feelings came back and pain is gone.

Deepsouth, mine starts out the same. Been doing it for years now. I'm told I will have arthritis in my neck from an old injury and its just going to get worse with age. It has something to do with one of the vertebrae but I can't remember which but the nerves that go to that arm come out of there I think and all it takes is some manipulation by my chiropractor and I'm back in good shape till I aggravate it again. It looks like I'm going to have to find another chiropractor but I my loyalty is to the guy I've been using its just I don't think he will ever be back at work. He's probably pushing 90 years old but man is he good.

I haven't tried the charger thing but I assume there are electrical currents running through your nerves so I wonder if this isn't what is effecting my phone. Cool business if it is.

Jo,

The symptoms you described sound much like what I had a few years ago. With me it would get better when I'd lay down. I finally had an MRI, and they found I had a bone spur in my neck pressing on the nerve going to my arm. Laying down took the pressure off, so that explained why it would help. The doctor did surgery one morning, and I went home the same evening. The symptoms completely disappeared immediately. I haven't regretted it for a minute.

Sounds like what the doc in college always called a stinger. Sounds like yours doesn't go away. I had one last 2 weeks once. It would be annoying to be that way all the time. Left arm is the only one I've ever had it in.

HDRider":tn4acwpw said:
Getting old sux someways..

Yes it does and it looks like I'll have to give up my dreams of having a career in arm wrestling. :lol2: Didn't mean to bring up health stuff. Was told I could draw a check for this injury but I don't consider myself disabled and if a chiropractor can keep me away from a knife I'm good with that and I'll stay the course.

But how bout the phone thing? Doesn't it sound like the two are connected? I plan on seeing a doctor shortly and I'm going to ask him because this has really peaked my curiosity.

Go get yourself the best neurosurgeon you can find and get that shyt fixed. You'll be good to go, they will be going through your throat and you will probably have to wear a neck brace for a while. Good luck

Jogeephus":ns7au9sh said:
HDRider":ns7au9sh said:

Yes it does and it looks like I'll have to give up my dreams of having a career in arm wrestling. :lol2: Didn't mean to bring up health stuff. Was told I could draw a check for this injury but I don't consider myself disabled and if a chiropractor can keep me away from a knife I'm good with that and I'll stay the course.

But how bout the phone thing? Doesn't it sound like the two are connected? I plan on seeing a doctor shortly and I'm going to ask him because this has really peaked my curiosity.

Jo, is the hand that won't work the phone feel cooler to the touch than the other hand?

houstoncutter":3j2mu44w said:
Go get yourself the best neurosurgeon you can find and get that shyt fixed. You'll be good to go, they will be going through your throat and you will probably have to wear a neck brace for a while. Good luck

Same point I was trying to make.

Bball, both seem the same to me. Just tingles all the time.

Rafter and Houston, they ain't cutting on me no more. Now lets get back to the important thing, why that hand won't work the phone? ;-)

Rafter S":2jzjbjyt said:
houstoncutter":2jzjbjyt said:

Same point I was trying to make.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

X3

:bang: :bang: :bang: Ya'll sound like my wife. :lol2: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I just need an Obamma phone and then all will be good.

houstoncutter":2xdis0q3 said:
Yep, and then you can make up big tales about having a knife cut your throat. Mine was in my left hand just as you describe but I never answer the phone with my left hand so never noticed that.

Jogeephus":7k9i971r said:
HDRider":7k9i971r said:

You definitely have a nerve problem and our nerves communicate to our brain via a small electrical charge so its a possibility. Don't really see why it might not mess up your phone.
Check out this table saw that stops the blade when it detects that electrical pulsation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiYoBbEZwlk

That's what I was thinking Cottagefarm but I don't know how the thing works but it sounds reasonable.

Kenny, with a scar on the neck like that you could claim you survived an ISIS beheading. Maybe make the rounds with Jim Baker or Fallwell and draw a check.

Looks like I need to do something. Just tried to catch a snake that was messing with my wife's birdfeeder and the SOB bit me twice because I caught him wrong. And yes, he died with extreme prejudice.

Well you need to get cut on Jogeephus. The longer you wait the less strength you'll have in your arm. And as you get older it's almost impossible to rebuild muscle. The success rate on neck surgery is better than 90%. And if you've never tried a steroid - pain block shot you should. I get a shot every 3 - 4 weeks and it does wonders. But as soon as fish and shrimp season closes I'm getting cut on. I finally got my medical clearance for surgery. You might have some ET in your blood.