Storms

Help Support CattleToday:

talltimber

Reaction score
Big time storms in my area through tonight. One touched down already, with one fatality in RiverHills area. RH, you doing ok so far?
dun, you seeing anything out your way?

Tall Timber, did you have any damage? Power is back on here after quick moving storm ripped through. Thankfully everyone ok.

We've been under two tornado warnings so far, and the watch last till daylight. Gonna be a long night.

Thankfully, we just had a little hail and some wind. The wind was this morning, and the hail last night. Less than 10 miles away had bigger than golf ball sized hail. Ours was closer to nickle sized.

greatgerts":33hxlja8 said:
Thankfully, we just had a little hail and some wind. The wind was this morning, and the hail last night. Less than 10 miles away had bigger than golf ball sized hail. Ours was closer to nickle sized.
The stuff we had last night was more like sleet than hail. But we did get a whopping quarter inch of rain. Wettest day in almost 2 months. That's more than a third of what we got all last month

I saw some signs down, and a canopy covering some gas pumps torn up on my way in this morning. I'd say straight line winds, no circulation.

dun":15elcoxq said:
greatgerts":15elcoxq said:
The stuff we had last night was more like sleet than hail. But we did get a whopping quarter inch of rain. Wettest day in almost 2 months. That's more than a third of what we got all last month

I agree on the rain part! I'm glad we got it. We were needing it.

I got worried when I heard golf ball, and I could have sworn they said SOFTBALL size hail, either possible or witnessed, idk. I had quit listening and had started getting around before that piece was done. I went up and opened gaps up to where the cattle could drift more and get to the thicker woods if they would.
Went back this morning and no damage, cattle all still in the original pasture. Fencer is even working. Blew a practically empty protein tub about 150 yds but that was it.

talltimber":33u2cfwi said:
I got worried when I heard golf ball, and I could have sworn they said SOFTBALL size hail, either possible or witnessed, idk. I had quit listening and had started getting around before that piece was done. I went up and opened gaps up to where the cattle could drift more and get to the thicker woods if they would.
Went back this morning and no damage, cattle all still in the original pasture. Fencer is even working. Blew a practically empty protein tub about 150 yds but that was it.
That reminds me, I need to check my solar panel.

We had rain & wind, nothing crazy. The storm kinda split and went above and below me.

Unfortunately, a man died in the storm about 15 miles south of me, and his wife was injured. Please remember his family in your prayers.

talltimber":3lsx0v2j said:
Here they were talking tennis ball sized hale. So we put all of the vehicles under cover.

talltimber":zyup584f said:
Big time storms in my area through tonight. One touched down already, with one fatality in RiverHills area. RH, you doing ok so far?

Definitely a rough night last night here in the Perryville area!!

Fortunately no damage on any of our farms. The path of the tornado was about 10mi Northwest of us.

As clodhopper said unfortunately a young man lost his life. With all the homes and vehicles on I55 damaged it could have been alot worse. We need to keep all those affected by this tornado in our prayers.

RiverHills":25tvlgxa said:
talltimber":25tvlgxa said:

Definitely a rough night last night here in the Perryville area!!

Fortunately no damage on any of our farms. The path of the tornado was about 10mi Northwest of us.

As clodhopper said unfortunately a young man lost his life. With all the homes and vehicles on I55 damaged it could have been alot worse. We need to keep all those affected by this tornado in our prayers.

It passed with 5 miles of us on the Illinois side of the river, we have debris in our pastures.

We are in a drought here in SW MO. All we got out of the above storm was some big freaking hail stones, and a dent in my truck. It hit around midnight, and just a few minutes later we heard the cattle bawling. I dressed up and went out, to find the heifer group had broken through the hot wire fence (likely from running from those large hailstones!) and ran to a second pasture, which made the big group of cow calf pairs jealous. They wanted out of the pen and into a pasture like the heifers!
Here is a picture of the hail I took after checking the cattle....
dpuyqa.jpg

Not enough rain to measure. So all the bad and none of the good!

We are going through round two tonight, so I put the truck in the garage this time, and am praying for INCHES of rain! Our pond is almost completely dry, and our temps should have lots of green grass growing but without any rain for more than 30 days, nothing is growing....

Fire Sweep Ranch":f8rzvvli said:
We are in a drought here in SW MO. All we got out of the above storm was some big freaking hail stones, and a dent in my truck. It hit around midnight, and just a few minutes later we heard the cattle bawling. I dressed up and went out, to find the heifer group had broken through the hot wire fence (likely from running from those large hailstones!) and ran to a second pasture, which made the big group of cow calf pairs jealous. They wanted out of the pen and into a pasture like the heifers!
Here is a picture of the hail I took after checking the cattle....
dpuyqa.jpg

Not enough rain to measure. So all the bad and none of the good!

We are going through round two tonight, so I put the truck in the garage this time, and am praying for INCHES of rain! Our pond is almost completely dry, and our temps should have lots of green grass growing but without any rain for more than 30 days, nothing is growing....
Round one skipped us but round 2 is coming fast. Supposed to have high winds with it but already we're4 running 45050 so the coming winds must be doozies.

reeler, missed your question earlier. No, we didn't have any damage thankfully. and no rain to speak of either. Got some good soaking drizzle since last night though. Calling for a front coming through about 4am in the morning

Man. Last night was a doozie. The initial part of the storm (12:45am) didn't wake me up, but the wife did. Lots of wind, and a little rain. Reported tornado about 15 miles from us.

greatgerts":2x62o2jx said:
Man. Last night was a doozie. The initial part of the storm (12:45am) didn't wake me up, but the wife did. Lots of wind, and a little rain. Reported tornado about 15 miles from us.
I was watching the radar all night. We went under a tornado warning but by the time it was posted we had settled into just rain, all the evil stuff was well past us. Didn;t even get enough tunder to wake up the wife. But the light show in the distance was impressive. 7/10 of an inch of rain, got maybe 30 seconds of hale and it sounded like the size of BBs. I've heard rain hit harder and make more noise then the hale did. Man we could have really used more rain.
Winds were really fierce, gonna go on a downed tree patrol in a little while.

In the big storm a couple of days ago, we didn't get a single drop.

Last night we got a small bit (maybe a quarter inch), but still no power at the house.