Storm clean up

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
Would mulching a bunch of down oak and hickory trees give much Benefit to the pasture soil I've got slut of storm clean up I'm weighing my options between mulching and dozer work.

I'm certainly not an expert but I have read that putting a lot of wood mulch on grass fields/pastures can tie up soil nitrogen and can make soil acidic but I think it really depends on how much your putting down?

DCA farm said:
Would mulching a bunch of down oak and hickory trees give much Benefit to the pasture soil I've got slut of storm clean up I'm weighing my options between mulching and dozer work.

You should look into Biochar

DCA farm said:

Bunch it and burn it and get back to normal. Wasn't a fence standing on this place after Rita. Wasn't as bad after Ike cause a dozer and chain saw took out a bunch more.

Caustic Burno said:
DCA farm said:

Bunch it and burn it and get back to normal. Wasn't a fence standing on this place after Rita. Wasn't as bad after Ike cause a dozer and chain saw took out a bunch more.
I didn't have a fence that didn't have a tree on it after Laura that's my problem I've got trees down everywhere

DCA farm said:
Caustic Burno said:
DCA farm said:

I didn't have a fence that didn't have a tree on it after Laura that's my problem I've got trees down everywhere

We still have some down from Harvey. Some have been fenced around or over. They are too big to move or cut so they will lay there until we happen to have equipment on the property that can move them.

Latest posts