Stoney River Steakhouse

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
We finally used the gift card that was given to me tonight at Stoney River Steakhouse. We would never eat there if not for the gift card. The card was good for $100 and my wife, I and two of our best friends (another married couple) ran up a bill of $153!!!! We just split the $53 among the two couples. Three of us got the 10 oz Filet and my wife got a 14 oz New York strip. I must admit the steaks were fabulous, the manager said all the steaks are Choice and come from a midwestern feedlot that caters to high end steak houses like them and Ruth Chris. We did get an appetizer and my wife got a drink so that ran up the bill also. My 10 oz Filte was $28!! They said they were wet aged 28 days. They were extremely well marbled and great tasting steaks. They gave us free deserts because it was my B-day and also my friends B-day. I thought for $153 you ought to give us something or at least make us think you are. :lol2:

sounds like yall had a real good meal an a fun evening.for that kind of money the steaks better be good.

Forgot to add that the menu specifically said "midwestern grain fed beef" They want you to know that it isn't grass fed. I got mine cooked medium well.

How do y'all get your steaks cooked or how do you cook them yourselves. My friend got his medium and I think it was a little better.

anytime i go out i order them med well.an i do the same here at home,but bro usually burns them.an i dont like a dry as leather steak.

If I'm in a really nice restaurant and I know they serve good thick cut steaks I'll order my steaks medium if I order the fillet. A ribeye typically medium rare. In some of the other so-callled "steak houses", I'll always order it rare as their steaks are usually not cut as thick and they have a tendency to overcook them too. As long as it's warm I can eat it but hate overcooked beef.

If it was a good cut I used to like mine rare. Still do, but since I've run into some digestive issues the past few years I have to have them at least medium. Seems I can handle that pretty good.

medium rare to rare is great for a nice thick steak. That doctor author Robin Cook made it so I cannot eat hamburger meat as rare.

I like them medium rare. Don't like them overcooked. Sounds like you all had a great time. That was good of you too.

rare; red, cool center, at least 1 full inch thick for me. i would have been in a little shock over the bill but then again i'm still living in the seventys, or a little before. sounds like you enjoyed it and the gift card was put to good use!

Latest posts