Stolen Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

Stepper

Reaction score
I saw a show on TV last night where 12 head of cattle had been left in a small cattle trailer by theif's. The theif's tried to run them through a sale barn but for some reason was not able to do so. So they pulled down a back road and unhooked from the trailer and left the cattle there. When the cow's were found 6 of them were already dead.(starved to death) And they had to put 3 more down if i understood the story right. Some or maybe all of the cow's i am not sure was bred. They had more cow's on the trailer than it was designed for. So some of the dead cow's was laying on top of some that were barely alive to begin with. The ones that was alive had to be lifted to their feet in order to get up. That was a bad deal.

How awful....hope they can trace them somehow and put them through the same torment...not excusing the theft, but they could have at least opened the trailer and let them loose; at least they'd have survived. Sometimes I'm glad I can't get any TV reception.

That was on Animal Cops Houston. They never caught up with the idiots that did it.

How can some people be so ignorant,to just abandon a living animal like that.Like Gale says,they could have at least set them free,so they could have lived.I have no time,for people that abuse animals.I hope they do get caught,and there minimum sentence is.They are put in jail,and then throw away the key!!

naw...just put em in the trailer the cows were in, and drive em to a deserted country road, and unhook from the trailer, preferrably sometime around mid july or early august.........

jersey lilly":6mzvi008 said:
naw...just put em in the trailer the cows were in, and drive em to a deserted country road, and unhook from the trailer, preferrably sometime around mid july or early august.........
I would go along with that,except i would want to do one more thing.Cut the lid off a soup can,then let the lid get good and rusty.Then cut off there family jewels with the rusty lid.Leave them in the trailer naked,not that the flies would bother them. :D Then if you want go back in say what,september maybe october.That's depending if you have time,and see if they need anything.

Rustler9":3gwnuqw0 said:
see, there's a good reason that we still need to have public lynchings. :mad:
I tend to agree Rustler, it always seems that an owner is severely prosecuted for the slightest oversight, criminals usually get a rap on the knuckles (not allowed to keep stock for x years, when they don't own any in the first place!) For this type of sickening crime.

I have a friend that had cattle stolen forty head of pure old blood Brahmans. The thief or thieves took the best and left what they didn't want in the yards without feed or water. Three died and the rest are slowly coming back. This friend agists a property about 3 hours from where he lives so only gets there every 3 weeks or so. He thinks they were taken by someone that new the cattle and had possibly worked for him. Often its closer to home the culprits that take them than what you would think. My two brothers have stolen 25+ head from our company run family property. The police here are rather hopeless as far as stock theft goes and so is our prevention of cruelty organizations. I think hanging should be brought back in.
Colin

A few years back a neighbor had some cattle stolen-- he caught it first thing in the morning--he took plaster casts of truck and trailer tire tracks.
Then he passed them around to his friends and they started beating the bushes to find whos tires they were-- word must have gotten to the right ears-- and that afternoon his cattle were found walking down a road the other side of the county.

He didn't even call the police. I think that scared them more than anything

But then again it wasn't till about twenty years ago the police would even come into this end of the county :)