Stocks

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd said:
Vanguard Windsor Fund Admiral Shares Value was $255,000 and dropped to $190,000 recently but today it is back to 244,000. It is an IRA and in 2019 capital gains and dividends was $27000. I have to take the RMD from it each year and it amounts to a pretty good check. Really bets the heck out of the cow calf operation. As I sit here and type this I am dreading going to the hay field and cutting hay. My heart if just not in the agricultural operation as it ounce was.

Mine is definitely into fishing and hunting activities.

When you buy a basket of stocks do not expect every one to be winners. There will be winners and losers. Just as it is with the cow herd every calve that hits the ground will not be as thrifty and profitable as some of the others. Put 25 head of calves in the sale and look at the prices that they bring. Some will be great and some will not be. You have to average to get the true picture.

Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:
Vanguard Windsor Fund Admiral Shares Value was $255,000 and dropped to $190,000 recently but today it is back to 244,000. It is an IRA and in 2019 capital gains and dividends was $27000. I have to take the RMD from it each year and it amounts to a pretty good check. Really bets the heck out of the cow calf operation. As I sit here and type this I am dreading going to the hay field and cutting hay. My heart if just not in the agricultural operation as it ounce was.

Get that large boar hog and your life will be perfect.

Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:

Especially when its 105 a week in to June.

Stocker Steve said:
Brute 23 said:
With the S&P, DJ, etc there is really nothing to do. They automatically adjust and do their thing. You can get etrade or fidelity or any other service like that any easily buy them. Most all 401ks have options for them also. Most investments dont beat them day in and day out year in and year out, that's why they are kind of the standard.

IMO it's the most hands off, passive, solid, "safe", investment you can make. If the S&P crumbles we will be trading goats so your retirement account wont matter.

That's just my opinion and what I have done. I own very few single stocks and as a whole they make up less than 20% of my investments. The cast majority is in the S&P and a good portion in the DJ. :tiphat:

R U buying oil stocks?

Absolutely not. The O&G industry is going thru a major change right now. Some thing will have to give. Although these big production numbers are good for people at the pump it is not sustainable. There is no profit margin with these big shale plays. Plus, the general feeling around O&G is not positive, no matter how delusional that is.

I'm in on Amazon, streaming services, electric cars, solar parts, weed, etc. That is the future, IMO.

hurleyjd said:
Caustic Burno said:
hurleyjd said:

Get that large boar hog and your life will be perfect.

Neighbors deer feeder across the road.

Disney took a big fall since the media brought the Covid story back around. People are trying to pressure them to hold off opening the parks. It might still be a good buy.

It was 127 two days ago and 112 today. It's been as high as 150 in Nov-Dec. I think we will see 150+ once the park and streaming revenue both kick in.