Stockpile ? for Fescue Fans

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry

CT Supporter
CT Supporter
Reaction score
Trailer isn't finished yet. Could be Friday. One to Ohio was messed up by a worker today. Built the butterfly doors on the rear in 2 different materials. I was going to take it Wednesday.
You are not giving me a lot of confidence in ordering one.....

OP
S

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Got into the 40s here today, but heading for single digits F tomorrow, so ran a drag over half each of the next two grazing strips this afternoon.

They were not clear by sunset, but the no snow areas were much bigger. Went form less than 10% open to over 50%. Should have dragged it a couple hours sooner.

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Got into the 40s here today, but heading for single digits F tomorrow, so ran a drag over half each of the next two grazing strips this afternoon.

They were not clear by sunset, but the no snow areas were much bigger. Went form less than 10% open to over 50%. Should have dragged it a couple hours sooner.
Let us know how it works.

Banjo

Reaction score
Updates, my fescue this fall looks to be the best I have ever had. All the cows are still cleaning up grass on other areas and other farms. Pretty sure I won't feed but a few bales if any before I start grazing the stockpile even though I bought 60 rolls yesterday.
Probably buy a few thin cows to sell later this winter when the price gets high. Will unroll the bought hay and any waste will be fertilizer. Bought 4x5 rolls for 17.50 loaded. 6 miles from my farm.
Will take more pictures over Thanksgiving.
Are you expecting cows to get higher this winter?

Banjo

Reaction score
Slaughter cows will get higher in the southeast. They have more cows than they can get killed right now. Big difference in January I think and so do the slaughter buyers.
That's good to know...I need to move a handful about then.

Latest posts