Stocker Sale at Navasota Livestock Auction

Help Support CattleToday:

I usually go to Van Zandt Livestock at Wills Point, but Tri-County Livestock at New Summerfield (close to Jacksonville) is going to have over 800 stocker cows today in a special.

Rafter S":362j9d8b said:
Tomorrow starting at 10:00am. Anyone going?
Would probably be at the Replacement Sale in Caldwell as a spectator....but we are entertaining this weekend and I have a special project I'm working on.....

The sale at Tri-County was solid. Not a runaway but did not cheapen up. I figured by 5 or 6 there would be some real bargains but that did not happen.

1982vett":12b3nk8x said:
Rafter S":12b3nk8x said:
Tomorrow starting at 10:00am. Anyone going?
Would probably be at the Replacement Sale in Caldwell as a spectator....but we are entertaining this weekend and I have a special project I'm working on.....
Is that a home built smoker or one that TSC was selling last summer?

I bought it at The Farm Patch in Bryan. I may have once known where they get them from but have since forgotten....I bought a small "camper grill" from them over 20 years ago that still hasn't rusted or burned through.

I seen a set of 3x8 brangus go for 3200$ at Navasota stocker sale saturday.
Smh i thought price would fall off some towards the tail end but they didnt drop a bit.

bmcdonald":1perijy4 said:
I seen a set of 3x8 brangus go for 3200$ at Navasota stocker sale saturday.
Smh i thought price would fall off some towards the tail end but they didnt drop a bit.

I stayed to the end myself. After the first few lots I wasn't impressed with the quality of the pairs. And I didn't think a lot of any of the bulls. I thought the Herefords were way over - conditioned, and didn't think much of any of the black bulls. Did you agree?

I was talking to a guy who had been at the sale in the fall, and he said the cattle in general were better then.

I wasn't at the auction when the bulls sold i got there late. But i did get chance to look at them friday and i was not to impressed. I think the auction barn is just taking bulls from any local ranch and throwing them out there. There was only 15 bulls down from about 40 bulls the previous fall sale.

Latest posts