stocker quality

Help Support CattleToday:

bluestem1

Reaction score
Generally speaking, if a person was buying stockers with the intention of selling to a feedyard later, what instructions should he give the order buyer? In the 400 to 500 lb. range,what would be the best choice to buy? Can some one give me an exact description? Breed, color, age,origin, etc.Thanks!

I don't know where you live.Lynn Burkhalter,Springtown,Tx.I have done business with him for over 15 yrs and he is a straight shooter and will do all he can to help you with what ever you need.He is an order buyer and a good one.Call him,home no.817-599-5530,cell.817-597-9471.I have cleaned up cattle for others and my self as well and delt with several buyers and he is the only one I will deal with for my own.

bluestem1":36bdenye said:
Generally speaking, if a person was buying stockers with the intention of selling to a feedyard later, what instructions should he give the order buyer? In the 400 to 500 lb. range,what would be the best choice to buy? Can some one give me an exact description? Breed, color, age,origin, etc.

It depends on what the feedlot buyers wants and what you can handle. You should be able to attend a couple sales and get a general idea on what buyers want. It may take a while to find out how to descripe a "good deal" you can handle.

Animals that bring top dollar per cwt. around here are always semi loads of black steers. Animals that return the most dollars per head for backgrounding are usually small groups of cross bred bulls. Animals that are the most challenging for me are horned limis that have never been handled.

Latest posts