Stocker Price

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going to sit out this summer.
I think the roller coaster might stabilize by then and my pastures could use a rest and reseeding period.

Although I am thinking about starting up a sheep herd again :oops:
and I might work on that this summer.

I was told you should renovate pastures during the low part of the cattle cycle. Not sure we have one anymore.

I don't see how feedlots can make money on cattle at these prices. Even grass gains are getting marginal. I did offer to buy the wife some sheep but she has not bought in yet.

Stocker Steve":3ekm665h said:
I was told you should renovate pastures during the low part of the cattle cycle. Not sure we have one anymore.

I don't see how feedlots can make money on cattle at these prices. Even grass gains are getting marginal. I did offer to buy the wife some sheep but she has not bought in yet.
Because hamburger is going over $4.00 lb this month........

Stocker Steve":15c6ik9g said:

as ive saisd before the feedlots have no choice now,its either buy cattle or go out of business owing the bank a bunch of money.

Our local backgrounders all have simple facilites and feed a lot of by products, so they are OK.

Hope people feeding grain had in locked in.

Kingfisher":26eyfopa said:
Stocker Steve":26eyfopa said:

Because hamburger is going over $4.00 lb this month........
I really don't see that happening that soon, maybe this summer though :help:

Latest posts