stocker cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I am interested in putting stocker cattle on my place (Cullman,AL) through contract with an owner. I have plenty of good grass,water and the facilities to load,sort,etc.Although I have the capability to doctor, I also have a full time job so preconditioning would be out of the question. Can anyone tell me what the typical arrangement is? price per pound of gain,traps to avoid,expenses, etc.? Also if there is anyone in my neck of the woods interested in doing buisness, I would like to discuss. Any input would be appreciated.

[email protected]

Maybe you should consider just renting your place out. There's no hassle to you and you get an income. The owner can manage their own cattle. I'm new, so I might be ignorant, but I personally wouldn't sign a contract to feed my cattle to someone who is not in it full-time. As far as rents go, be sure to be clear on who is responsible for what ie fencing problems, fertilizer, replanting, etc. We rent some pasture and we fix the fences (endlessly!) and split the costs of maintanence and replanting.

> I am interested in putting stocker
> cattle on my place (Cullman,AL)
> through contract with an owner. I
> have plenty of good grass,water
> and the facilities to
> load,sort,etc.Although I have the
> capability to doctor, I also have
> a full time job so preconditioning
> would be out of the question. Can
> anyone tell me what the typical
> arrangement is? price per pound of
> gain,traps to avoid,expenses,