stock trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Two things here.
Some of those single axle ground loads will not weigh out if fully loaded and a weigh station is open and flags you in. A 36' might. The fine is around $500. Its easy money for the weigh station. The cameras a couple miles up the road is what gets you.

I have had a Big Bend for around 5 years. I have had it cleaned out once. The self cleanout features work very well. They have a lifetime floor. Heavy built, very nice trailers. The features they have on their base package are extras at most other trailer mfgs. Their cut gates are excellent.

I guess if we're talking features one thing I would change about my trailer is that all the gates would be full swing with sliders. My cut is solid and the rear gate is butterfly. I can't trailer sort. Swing with sliders is more versatile especially for trailer sorting.

I guess if we're talking features one thing I would change about my trailer is that all the gates would be full swing with sliders. My cut is solid and the rear gate is butterfly. I can't trailer sort. Swing with sliders is more versatile especially for trailer sorting.
I have used my center slide many times. My rear gate is full swing but has a roll up like a pot belly.

Just curious, what do you pull your 36' trailer with and how may cows can you fit, guessing 16-18 depending on size?
Lots of 36' trailers running around here. They pull them with whatever they have and load them until the back gate will barely close. Nobody overloads a cattle trailer or gooseneck like a cattle rancher or cowboy.

Lots of 36' trailers running around here. They pull them with whatever they have and load them until the back gate will barely close. Nobody overloads a cattle trailer or gooseneck like a cattle rancher or cowboy.
It's funny, the guy in Oklahoma I bought my wife's Dodge 2500 from was pulling a 28' or 32' pipe trailer (can't remember which) and it didn't even have a brake box in it. That would be a good way to die around here in the mountains!

Latest posts