stock trailers

Help Support CattleToday:

Nice shop! I wash mine pretty often and keep under shed, but have never waxed anything. You can come do mine any day, looks very good!đź’Ż Your the kinda folks I look for when buying equipment. Kept indoors and care enough to wax then you know the rest of the tractor has been upkept as well.
Thank you. The closest one is a 2007 and the cab tractor is a 2012.

I know I am probably opening a can of worms, but here it goes. What is the longest lasting brand steel stock trailer? Looking for 20'-24'. I'm in nw Missouri, so rust is the big deal. I've looked at some and the paint and welds look horrible.
Travalong (Landoll) in Marysville, KS makes a really good steel trailer. They would not be far from you in NW Missouri.

I have a 24' Stoll and a 36' Gooseneck brand, both are good trailers. Stoll is much lighter and pulls great and still heavy enough. Next one i buy will most likely be a Neckover.

Big Bend seem to be the toughest built steel trailers.
I agree. And if I may add: space below the sides to prevent buildup of manure, grease zerks on the hinges, latches for both open and closed positions of doors, powder-coat paint, rumber floors, rolling pins below the bumper for rough country, and a very responsive company in the unlikely event you do have a problem.

I ran across a video on YouTube about the owners of Big Bend Trailers. I didn't realize that they run a big ranch in West Tx and started the company to build trailers that would hold up to their needs. They still use and improve them them daily. I've got a Delco and like it but would get another Gooseneck brand or Big Bend if I bought one today. The Gooseneck I had was just more user friendly and the Big Bends seem like they'd last a lifetime with minimal care. Delta brand trailers seem to be the nicest looking trailers I've seen.

I have a 24' Stoll and a 36' Gooseneck brand, both are good trailers. Stoll is much lighter and pulls great and still heavy enough. Next one i buy will most likely be a Neckover.
Just curious, what do you pull your 36' trailer with and how may cows can you fit, guessing 16-18 depending on size?

I'm surprised no one pulls a Maxxim (Eagle) trailer. I see ads for them in TX, MO, AR, OK. I actually spoke to a sales Rep in Sweetwater, TX today about one. Looks like I might be taking a long drive.

I think they call it Shelby flooring, but not 100%. I'd have to do some research but looks like a good solid floor. I like the cleating over the smooth, but may be harder to clean out versus the smooth.

If we're talking about the same type of cleated it's a raised rib maybe a ft long that really is pretty easily cleaned. Plus an inch or so is left between each rubber board so any manure will fall through fairly easy.

Sorry can't help on the Maxim trailers, most around here running that size are pulling either an EBY or a Wilson. There are a few old Barretts still on the road too.

Featherlites are the most common but IMO Exiss, Schooner or 4 Star is a much better trailer. I am currently pulling a Featherlite and a 4 Star.
I think the 4 Star are the best of the bunch!

If we're talking about the same type of cleated it's a raised rib maybe a ft long that really is pretty easily cleaned. Plus an inch or so is left between each rubber board so any manure will fall through fairly easy.
Yep pretty sure it's the same stuff.

I'm surprised no one pulls a Maxxim (Eagle) trailer. I see ads for them in TX, MO, AR, OK. I actually spoke to a sales Rep in Sweetwater, TX today about one. Looks like I might be taking a long drive.

Just get Kenny to bring you out a brand new Kiefer Built. They are a good trailer. I got a sister that lives outside Pocatello that's a heck of a cook so I can co-pilot and get us a few meals and a place to stay. LOL! A lot of pretty country between here and there!

I looked up the Maxxim and they look good. A ground load 36' behind a single axle road tractor would be a pretty slick rig. A straight gooseneck deal would be a handfull behind any thing less than a 550 I would think loaded. Looks like a trailer you would be happy to own. The stock combo they have a picture of on the website has a swing out saddle rack that looks really slick!

Just get Kenny to bring you out a brand new Kiefer Built. They are a good trailer. I got a sister that lives outside Pocatello that's a heck of a cook so I can co-pilot and get us a few meals and a place to stay. LOL! A lot of pretty country between here and there!

I looked up the Maxxim and they look good. A ground load 36' behind a single axle road tractor would be a pretty slick rig. A straight gooseneck deal would be a handfull behind any thing less than a 550 I would think loaded. Looks like a trailer you would be happy to own. The stock combo they have a picture of on the website has a swing out saddle rack that looks really slick!
Pocatello is only 70 miles to the East of me, go there often to stock up on stuff and shop. There is a lot of pretty country between here at TX for sure. My in-laws live back in DE so have made the trip across the country a few times, long but enjoyable.

I pull a 30ft with an F-350 when going long distances, but when close to the ranch I use a sterling with gooseneck hook up and you can't even tell it's behind you. I'd like to eventually get a Single axle semi and convert it over for pulling long distance.

Latest posts