Stock trailer question

Help Support CattleToday:

LazyARanch

Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone knows how many average size cows would fit in a 7x20 stock trailer?
My 16 footer just ain't cutting it and we're looking to upgrade in size but not so much that I'm taking
down street corner signs and gas pumps!! :oops:
Thanks in advance :tiphat:

LazyARanch":3d04cg2y said:
Was just wondering if anyone knows how many average size cows would fit in a 7x20 stock trailer?
My 16 footer just ain't cutting it and we're looking to upgrade in size but not so much that I'm taking

About 8 1300 lb cows will fit in, packed tight, maybe 9. Your 16 ft a gooseneck? What make? Good shape? I am looking for a small, cheaper gooseneck to run with. :cowboy:

If you're going to upgrade get a 24' as it's seems to be the best all-around trailer for my use. I can move 12 cows or 25 5 wt calves with it. It does have the 7' width, though. Trailering a 24' is nothing compared to my 36' bale hauler. That's the best one for taking out gates, mailboxes, and such. :D

About 8 1300 lb cows will fit in, packed tight, maybe 9. Your 16 ft a gooseneck? What make? Good shape? I am looking for a small, cheaper gooseneck to run with. :cowboy:[/quote]

Naw Aaron, it's a bumper pull.... the OTHER reason I want to upgrade trailers. It's been handy to have around for just moving a few horses or cows at a time so I hate to part with it.

and Thank you much for the info, I appreciate it! :)

jedstivers":1nufyjv1 said:
LazyARanch":1nufyjv1 said:
jedstivers":1nufyjv1 said:
Should be 25% more than your haulin now :lol2:

(reaches over and gives Jed a POKE with a sharp stick!) hehe

smarty pants!! :p :pretty:

Couldn't pass that one up :banana: . There's one in crowd so it might as well be me :lol2:

U gave me a good laugh, it was the WAY too obvious answer! Leave it to you.... LOL

You're welcome, Lazy A. I have the pocket guide book itself and go to it quite often. It's not the end-all, be-all but a useful guide. The whole book is available online in PDF.

LazyARanch":3oizpc4o said:

Mine is 20 feet long, 6.6 feet inches tall, and 6.8 feet wide gooseneck. I took thirteen head that averaged 1000 pounds to the slaughter house in it and had room for one more. I could have fit two more if I packed em in like sardines. I know mine aint true 7 foot inside but its close enough to give you an idea I suppose.

Latest posts