Stock trailer floorboard spacing?

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90

Reaction score
What floorboard spacing do y'all like on a stock trailer? Im replacing mine and want it to clean out well, it's used nearly daily.

I usually don't leave a gap. If your using PT wood that's still green it will shrink and you will get about 1/4 after it drys. If you leave to big of a gap you will leave Shyt in at every stop you make and that does not look professional to the naysayers and could direct attention from the nice nasty folks.

M-5":3j6kkpsa said:
I usually don't leave a gap. If your using PT wood that's still green it will shrink and you will get about 1/4 after it drys. If you leave to big of a gap you will leave Shyt in at every stop you make and that does not look professional to the naysayers and could direct attention from the nice nasty folks.

:nod:

I replaced my old stock trailer boards a couple of years ago with 2x8 treated wood and didn't leave a gap. I've since learned that I should have used 2x6 boards which don't warp down the middle as much, though I haven't noticed any big warping in the wood that I used so far. After a couple of years only small gaps have opened up, maybe because my trailer is enclosed with a roof and not exposed to the elements as much.

trailer_zps1pt5lkpt.jpg

most cattle haulers rip out the factory floor and put spaced boards so they don't ever have to clean it.

Latest posts