Stock trailer floorboard spacing?

Help Support CattleToday:

RanchMan90

Reaction score
What floorboard spacing do y'all like on a stock trailer? Im replacing mine and want it to clean out well, it's used nearly daily.

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I usually don't leave a gap. If your using PT wood that's still green it will shrink and you will get about 1/4 after it drys. If you leave to big of a gap you will leave Shyt in at every stop you make and that does not look professional to the naysayers and could direct attention from the nice nasty folks.

Brute 23

Brute 23
CT Supporter
Reaction score
M-5":3j6kkpsa said:
I usually don't leave a gap. If your using PT wood that's still green it will shrink and you will get about 1/4 after it drys. If you leave to big of a gap you will leave Shyt in at every stop you make and that does not look professional to the naysayers and could direct attention from the nice nasty folks.

:nod:

TexFarmer

Reaction score
I replaced my old stock trailer boards a couple of years ago with 2x8 treated wood and didn't leave a gap. I've since learned that I should have used 2x6 boards which don't warp down the middle as much, though I haven't noticed any big warping in the wood that I used so far. After a couple of years only small gaps have opened up, maybe because my trailer is enclosed with a roof and not exposed to the elements as much.

trailer_zps1pt5lkpt.jpg

ddd75

Reaction score
most cattle haulers rip out the factory floor and put spaced boards so they don't ever have to clean it.